Future floor finish

Lord Soth

Hello, I was just admiring a miniature that Mastertickles painted only to find out that he uses Future floor finish on his armor. My question is who else out there uses this technique and for what applications? For instance, do you add your paint color to it (instead of water/flow enhancer etc.) and use it as a wash? Any help would be most appreciated. ::D:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Future is used as a flow improver. you still want to add some water to it though. one major problem with future is that since it is an acrylic polish it will make things shiny. mastertickles using it for his armor is what gives it that polished look. it does look nice but if you want a wash or glaze for anything else it can be a pain to work with IMHO. when i started out painting a learned of flow improvers and such i used the future but as i learned (and am still learning) i didnt like the effect that it gave my mini's now the only time i use the future is for the black wash that i mixed up for armors and weapons.

I've tried Future in the past (ha ha, joke!) and didn't care for it. For one, it's very glossy and is made specifically to be that way. It's also thicker than your normal Flow Aid and requires a bit more thinning, not to mention the cleansers it has in it.

I'd rather leave the job of cleaning the floor to the floor cleaner and use Flow Aid and Extender for the paints.

Now, Future is good for a first, paint on sealer when you finish, but you'll have to hit the mini with several coats of dullcoat to kill the shine.

Future is used as a flow improver. you still want to add some water to it though. one major problem with future is that since it is an acrylic polish it will make things shiny. mastertickles using it for his armor is what gives it that polished look. it does look nice but if you want a wash or glaze for anything else it can be a pain to work with IMHO. when i started out painting a learned of flow improvers and such i used the future but as i learned (and am still learning) i didnt like the effect that it gave my mini's now the only time i use the future is for the black wash that i mixed up for armors and weapons.

One use of Krylon Matte spray at Wal mart works great to kill the shine and it costs only 2.99

I'm one for using Future floor polish as an extender (mixed 1 part future with 10 parts distilled water). Find it does the trick on armor and weapons. Helps protect mini from handeling while painting and before a dullcote.