Looking for githyanki

Zandy

Hi everyone -

I'm looking for Githyanki minis to use for an upcoming adventure for my group.   I had heard that Ral Partha had made some years ago, and I've looked on some "old mini" sites with no luck.

Of course, `Githyanki` is copywrited, so there probably won't be any by name, but if anyone has any leads or ideas for things they've used, I'd be much appreciative... :)

Thanks...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try E-bay.  They always have quite a few of the old Partha minis for sale there.

Not today, however.  :(

The only things that come up when you search for GITH* are some copies of the old Fiend Folio. You might have to save a search & have them email you when any gith minis get listed.

Of course, `Githyanki` is copywrited, so there probably won't be any by name, but if anyone has any leads or ideas for things they've used, I'd be much appreciative... :)

Thanks...

Good luck finding the old Ral Partha Githyanki - I have a trio of them and I have been unable to find more. If any of those old minis dealers had them, I probably would have found them by now.

My suggestions:

- eBay. People often sell old minis, currently there are none listed (a set different than mine went on Feb 2nd for about $15 with shipping)

- GW elves. I find that a number of GW elf figures look a lot like githyanki minus fangs. They wear very ornate armor as well, so you might take a look at some GW elves and dark elves, find ones suitable and paint them up in good githyanki colors - yellow, off white and brown.

- Really desperate? Find a good picture of githyanki - even scans of the minis. Use Photoshop or a photocopier to shrink it down, print them out on cardstock, and make your own cardboard stand-up figures of them. I draw my own when I do this for my "so unique there is no mini" monsters, but I know people who use this photocopy method and swear by it.

Good luck, and please let us know how it works out. The Bulette is my favorite monster to use, but I have always had a strong affinity for the Githyanki. Probably because the folks who taught me how to play my new D&D set when I was 9 had a copy of the FF lying around and that cover just kind of sank in forever.

- GW elves. I find that a number of GW elf figures look a lot like githyanki minus fangs. They wear very ornate armor as well, so you might take a look at some GW elves and dark elves, find ones suitable and paint them up in good githyanki colors - yellow, off white and brown.

- Really desperate? Find a good picture of githyanki - even scans of the minis. Use Photoshop or a photocopier to shrink it down, print them out on cardstock, and make your own cardboard stand-up figures of them. I draw my own when I do this for my "so unique there is no mini" monsters, but I know people who use this photocopy method and swear by it.

Good luck, and please let us know how it works out. The Bulette is my favorite monster to use, but I have always had a strong affinity for the Githyanki. Probably because the folks who taught me how to play my new D&D set when I was 9 had a copy of the FF lying around and that cover just kind of sank in forever.

Thanks to all who chimed in, and did some searching.  Not an e-bay expert, so I didn't even think about that...

I've got a GREAT mini store nearby, so I'll take a trip over looking for some GW elves; thanks for that suggestion.

As for the stand-ups, I've been doing that for about 2 years.  I scanned the FF cover and edited out the name, but stopped when I realized I ran out of cardstock.  Totally forgot about it since then...  :)  

My technique (using Corel Draw 9); make a 1'x4' rectangle.  Drop in a pic head to head in the middle, so it looks like one is holding up his mirrored buddy.  Print and cut it out, then cut a 1/2' slit in each bottom.  Fold in half, then fold over the bottom inch on each side, and cross-slide the cuts into each other.  

oh, I add little numbers to know which monster is which...  

Anyway, thanks again for all the input...

Zandy

Ahh... late comment, I recently purchased a few Celtos mini's 'Flesh Eaters' (see below). They make pretty decent Githyanki with a little bit of putty work. The face is good, and so is the gaunt appearence. Check it:

082802a.jpg082802b.jpg

082802c.jpg

Just a thought... Celtos is available from a lot of FLGS now, it seems... If not, most online retailers have them.

What about Reaper's Skoli figs?  With a proper paint job and some slight conversion, they would pass for Githyanki IMO.  If you want more of a "skinny" feel, why not try converting some from some slim undead wraiths or mummies.  Chop a Skoli head or two, replace onto mummy/spectre/wraith body, do some weapon swapping, etc.

Ahh... late comment, I recently purchased a few Celtos mini's 'Flesh Eaters' (see below). They make pretty decent Githyanki with a little bit of putty work. The face is good, and so is the gaunt appearence. Check it:

Nice, I need to take a look at those.

Thanks for turning me on to those Celtos Flesh Eaters. I got a set of them (set 1, I think) and they are excellent gith - a little underdressed for githyanki, but they could be excellent githzerei if that proves to be a problem.

Me, I am torn. They would make such good Qullan, too...

Try E-bay.  They always have quite a few of the old Partha minis for sale there.

Not today, however.  :(

The only things that come up when you search for GITH* are some copies of the old Fiend Folio. You might have to save a search & have them email you when any gith minis get listed.

Gith alert! I see two lots up for sale on Ebay with Gith characters in them today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ry=2544

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=16489

Good luck, if you are interested!