Ruined building - WIP

dargrin

Here is the back of a ruined building I am working on. I have a creative block right now on what to do with the lower circle. I was thinking of putting a fountain in front of it and attach it to the building. If you have any thoughts pass it on by.

post-4-1114718418.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is cool. It reminds me of these cool cone buildings we saw in Sneem, Ireland. I looked through my pix and I apparently while I took a picture of the hill through the hole in the middle, I didn't actually take a picture of the structure itself. I'll see if I can dig one up online. It might have inspiration for the bottom part for ya!

Jess

Okay, I found my pix in my actual photo album and scanned them in. My note says "Sneem, Ireland. Artistic recreation of hermit cones." The cones were their huts, these ones have stained glass in them, which the hermits didn't. The triangle thing that looks like your terrain was some sort of sculpture that apparently had been found in one of the hermit villages (doesn't that take the point out of herming?), no idea what it was for, cuz I didn't write it down.

The Cones:

SneemCones.jpg

The Triangle Thingy:

SneemConeArt.jpg

Anyway, I was hoping the pic of the triangle thing can give you inspiration on the base of your triangle thing. :)

Jess

Thanks for the pics. I wish now that I had waited in carving the circle out. I like that one in the last pic better. Oh well maybe next piece ^_^

I was actually looking for suggestions on the black circle. Still not quite sure what to do there. Mmmmmm

Great stuff, Dargrin. The colors and textures really capture the look of mortared stone.

Since the 'stones' in the lower circle are smaller, you could paint them as a mosaic. They could be tiles or colored enamel. Alternatively, they could be smaller versions of the same types of stone used in the rest of wall, arranged to create a picture or symbol in the lower circle.

Great stuff, Dargrin. The colors and textures really capture the look of mortared stone.

Since the 'stones' in the lower circle are smaller, you could paint them as a mosaic. They could be tiles or colored enamel. Alternatively, they could be smaller versions of the same types of stone used in the rest of wall, arranged to create a picture or symbol in the lower circle.

I never thought of a mosaic. That might be a way to go.