Reaper Owlbear

Lord Soth

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord!! that is just awsome!! the eyes are great. I have a hard time believing that this is only your 2nd mini. Only suggestion is on the feathers if you had a little bit thinner paint when you dry brushed them they wouldnt appear as chalky but other wise this is just wonderfull!

I think the sculpt and the concept of this mini is just ridiculous. Where did they get the idea to combine an owl and a bear??

Owlbear was a monster in D&D.

As for the paint job I like it. Great for the 2nd model. I like the colors you chosen but they seem a little flat. It needs more highlighting of the colors.

Yea, he came out a little duller than I wanted. That is OK though, now I will know when I paint my next owlbear! I had limited painting supplies and this was my first attempt at mixing some colors. I am also learning about thinning my paints with enhancer and extender. Starting to get a hang of it though. My next one is Arius the Black. He is gonna take me some time. Thanks again.

Great paint job! Though I have to confess, I prefer the old WotC Chainmail owlbear to this sculpt.

That's a huge sucker isn't it? I mean he's almost twice the girth this thing is no?

He's pretty sizable. I haven't measured it against the Reaper, but he's definitely bigger.

My CM Owlbear

(I won't post the pic directly because this thread isn't for my paint jobs. :poke: )

For scale, the base is 2" diameter.