RAGE Takeup

I'm not sure if it's bad form to discuss business on this forum, but I was just curious about how well the takeup has been on Warlord, and what is planned for CAV. I noticed at my two big FLGS, that while they both stock Warlord, and DHL minis, there doesn't seem to be much playing. I don't think either of them keep CAV minis in stock.

Have the sales been good? I'm sure there is a big marketing push in the works for CAV, and I really want to see the RAGE games succed.

Any thoughts from others?

Sorry if this is redundant.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all gaming scenes are primarily local. We've got good Warlord presence here at one store, because I've been pushng it since open beta. We had good CAV presence until CAV2 was announced and my bubble burst. The other store in town doesn't stock either (that I know of) because it's a 40K ghetto and nobody's been demoing there. I think you can generalize that nationally.

Things around here are going well. People talk about Warlord and CAV even when I'm not around. Maybe too well. I've gotten some hearsay that the FLGS owner is peeved that Reaper sales are eating into his "core games" (ie GW).

Yay! Another strike against the evil overlord that is GW! (I only figured out how cheap they are after buying a few hundred dollars in stuff. Really, if they can give employees a 60% discount, they must be making at least an 80% profit on normal sales, if not 100%+ :angry: )

Yay! Another strike against the evil overlord that is GW! (I only figured out how cheap they are after buying a few hundred dollars in stuff. Really, if they can give employees a 60% discount, they must be making at least an 80% profit on normal sales, if not 100%+ :angry: )

Well now it would be impossable to make 100% profit, then shipping and labor would have to be free. ::D: Not that they aren't the evil empire mind you.

he should have said 80% mark up, not profit. And for GW, 100% mark up is the LEAST I see them having. There is no way 8 bucks is the least they can charge for a tiny Bilbo mini. No wonder the FLGS owner is upset, with selling Reaper instead of GW, he's losing his overpriced high profit ticket.

I think all gaming scenes are primarily local. We've got good Warlord presence here at one store, because I've been pushng it since open beta. We had good CAV presence until CAV2 was announced and my bubble burst. The other store in town doesn't stock either (that I know of) because it's a 40K ghetto and nobody's been demoing there. I think you can generalize that nationally.

Have the same problem here. All 40K. Even with the extreme badness of the new rules (they are not playable without many house rules, and no FAQ/answers from GW), no one is really willing to try anything new. I've got a few people trying "B5-A call to arms" but that's it.

I'm hoping to get some interest in warlord going, since the 40k crown won't do movement trays, which leaves the 2 WHFB players with nothing to do, but that's about it. Warlord and Dark Heaven minis are the best selling thing at the FLGS, but its almost all to D&D players looking for Characters and Monsters. Of course it doen't help that I point out the reaper has (almost) the entire monster manual in production, unlike WOTC's minis.

he should have said 80% mark up, not profit. And for GW, 100% mark up is the LEAST I see them having. There is no way 8 bucks is the least they can charge for a tiny Bilbo mini. No wonder the FLGS owner is upset, with selling Reaper instead of GW, he's losing his overpriced high profit ticket.

Well, if things haven't changed (and I don't see GW having changed things), the reaper stuff should be giving him more profit. My FLGS stopped stocking GW because they game less of a retailer discount than inidustry standard and were losing money (after wages and expenses, ect) on GW.

From the buisness end they don't make more from GW stuff. Only GW makes the big bucks. Also, the requirement to order paired blisters even if they only need one forces our local Brick and Mortar (what exactly does FLGS stand for) to overstock and end up with a few things no one wants. Then hes just stuck. I believe the only real selling point for GW is that once a gamer gets into GW, they will be dumping tons of money over the long haul: $4-800 per army or even more.

Skipper

One thing that surprised me is the huge support that the Star Wars random minis game has received im my area. It may just be a flash in the pan, like the cliks seem to be, but right now it doesn't seem like it.

Another odd thing is the big push that Chronopia and Warzone get from one of the FLSGs. I thought they were on their way out.

Glad Reaper isn't having any problems selling figs though!

From the buisness end they don't make more from GW stuff. Only GW makes the big bucks.

I can see that. It would seem like GW to mark up the product 100+ percent from costs and expenses, and then leave the FLGS to pay too damn much for too poor a product.