Hyrekia

Hyrekia.jpg

I painted Hyrekia up to use as Melancholia for the Moonscar Court army. We'd list her spear hand, so I ripped the hand off Piers the young mage, did some greenstuff work on the staff to turn it into a broom, and then procrastinated for a month or three.

This is all MSPs. Her dress was Snow Shadow basecoat, then successive layers of Pure White thinned down to almost wash consistancy. I'm really pleased with how it came out. She took me six hours, and in another six, maybe I'll be able to focus on things more than three feet in front of me again...

Aanyhoo, here's her background story for the Moonscar:

Melancholia

One upon a time there was a lonely peasant girl gifted with magic. Her parents were enslaved by Craclaw, but she escaped capture. She ended up in the woods near Weedapple Orchard, lost for weeks. Just as she despaired and was about to take her own life, she happened upon the nymph queen Nattaya. Nattaya immediately recognized the magical nature of the girl and took her in. The nymph nurtured the girl, training her to be a good sorceress while working some 'magic' of her own. Now Melancholia is a complete thrall to Nattaya, obeying her commands to the letter. Melancholia is one of the few in the Moonscar Court that has the ability to forge Meplets from the human children Nattaya kidnaps.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Frosh. i like the fact that she's not done up in dark colors like alot of people paint her. she's got that "good girl" look. very original IMHO. Her eyes are very captivating!! Can we get a few more shots, maybe one from the side that shows how you painted the broom?

there`s something with this mini that really catches the eye. the face is beatiful. my only piece of advice is that it`s good to dilute the paints a bit more. the robe does not look entirely smooth (might be the pic). also it seems while painting red your brush touched also some white areas too.

still good work!

I also think this is one of your best pieces. The face is beautiful and you've made her look very sweet and nice as oppossed to the harsh goth look that this mini typically has.

This may be your best yet Frogboy... :B): VERY NICE, whites can be very difficult. The face is wonderful. My only nit pick; it looks like some red paint may have leaked on to her white dress in one small spot. Otherwise well done!

I love this sculpt. I've heard that there is a topless version to this model, but I've never seen one. :poke:

SK

Frosh

that is damn good job on the face, love the look of the eyes, it's like she looking right at you.

Also the middrift thinggee looks great as well, nice work there too!!

Randy M