Warning about Realistic water!

Last night I was finally cleaning up after my nephew setup is diorama. It was up for a few weeks and the cat had already knocked down a few trees and the like. Anyway the he place three medium sized figs on the Realistic water. Over the past few weeks they actually sunk into it and I could not pull them out. I ended up taking the tip of a razor knife and gently prying out the base. Never thought this would happen. I now have three indentations in the river now where the figs where. I am hoping these are not perminent. But be aware that this stuff is still very plyable even when dry.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, had the same thing happen but it was super cheapo terrain that sunk in, so no big deal. I'd be mighty dissapointed if I had miniature quagmired in my rivers and lakes! Heh.

You should be able to use a blowdryer to take out the holes, just work quickly. I have only tried it once, and while it worked great on the water, I totally melted the terrain shores which were made of foam. Might just try leaving it in a nice sunny window. The heat should be plenty to take out the holes but with any luck might not destroy the rest of the piece. Otherwise, just drop some more water in. Should fill in pretty nicely.

Before anyone gets the idea that the stuff is too dangerous to work with, it's actually pretty firm stuff. Just heat melts it ever so slightly so things will sink in. I still highly reccomend it.

what is the type so we can avoid it?

I will have to look for the brand.

The stuff is nice to work with (with fore mentioned drawback). It just poured from the bottle and in 3 days I have a nice river. I will see if I can find it in the morning. I looked into the stuff you have to heat up and was nervous about the melting of the landscape. That is why I went with this stuff.

I say go with it, pretend the figures are drowning!!

Since they where Hell Hounds it really didn't work. ::D:

Have a hero on the side of the water laughing or something, as if he just threw them in. I'm telling you, it'd be funny!!!