Blocked MSP Bottles

I recently got a ton of MS paints, but have run into a bit of a problem. Some of the nozzles seem to be blocked ::(: . I'm not sure quite what's wrong- I've tried taking off the nozzle and washing it out, but it didn't do anything. This is happening both in regular bottles and a few that I transferred GW and PP into. Help!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a problem with that too. What I do is just stick a brush, or if that doesn't work, I stick a sewing needle in. That clears it up everytime for me. I don't know if it iwill for you if you have actually taken the nozzle off though.

i noticed that the MSP pure white was a bit blocked, but the black i bought flowed out too quickly..

the nozzles dont really have flow consistancy at all (from bottle to bottle)

i took a paper clip to the one on my white... course the black flows way too quick, i need to block that one up some..lol

I think I've had 3 or 4 out of all the bottles I got (around 100) that have had this problem.

it is the plastic nozzle being malformed from their manufacturer.

a straight pin from the inside up in the direction the paint will flow is the best way I have found to make the hole more resistant to resealing.

a small flap is formed by the puncture of the plastic that by force of paint flow tends to reseal the opening when the puncture is done from outside the nozzle instead of from within

ymmv

Have you tried holding your bottles horizontal when squeezing instead of vertical? Sometimes the skull gets to the nozzle area and interferes with the paint flow.

Yaaaah, I've had both, a clogged bottle and a skull-stoppered bottle. Boy was I surprised when the skull stopped blocking the paint... ::D:

[quote name= Yaaaah' date=' I've had both, a clogged bottle and a skull-stoppered bottle. Boy was I surprised when the skull stopped blocking the paint... ::D: [/quote]

maybe it's the skull sayin 'that's what yah get for cuttin me head from me body ::D:

I just put a order in for the "newest" Masters so hopefully everything will be ok, if not I can always exchange at the 'con.

thanks for the heads up

Randy M

• Reaper User
but the black i bought flowed out too quickly..

My blacks is like that too, it seems like the paint is too watered down compared to the others, is that what you mean?

i think so..lol, its really hard to tell

If the black you guys got is really thin and runny and doesn't cover, please do contact customer service so that we can send you out a new bottle! I would much rather you do that and be satisfied customers than just be puzzled about why your bottle of black is runny. :;): It's at no cost to you and it only takes an email. I had heard of bottles of runny black popping up here and there and we reformulated the paint to eliminate that potential problem, so if it doesn't cover or is like water you probably got a defective bottle.

This whole paint line development thing is a big case of live-and-learn! But again, thank you all for the feedback, it helps me a lot in hunting down all the little things that need to be fixed. ::):

--Anne

I have the same problem with the black. I don't feel like it's too runny, it actually covers great! Just comes out of the bottle way too fast a lot of times so I end up with too much to work with. End up grabbing another figure or two and doing some black on them too...

The stopped up bottles is a little annoying though.

• Reaper User

"[email protected]" would be the email, I believe. ::):

Yes, clogged bottles can be annoying; I've just gotten into the habit of keeping a pin stuck into something handy and nearby (unfortunately Goldeneagle is usually sitting too far away...) and using it when I get a clog. I've been tracking when I have a cloggy bottle since I replaced all of my Masters with current mixes (I used to have a lot of the old prototypes still sitting around!) and in two months I've only run across nine out of my 72 bottles which have needed the pin, and only two which have needed it more than once. Since this is a *much* better average than the Vallejos I used to use in pre-Reaper days, I guess I'm not complaining much! ::D: But seriously, given that we use latex/vinyl-based paints of a certain consistancy, and all the dropper bottles on the market have teensy tiny little aperture holes to prevent the paint from drying out, you're going to get a bit of clogging here and there. ::): Holding the bottle on its side instead of upside-down as you squeeze will usually help clear up some incidents, since the lil' skulls we love do tend to act like clogs and obstruct the flow of paint. :;):

--Anne

definately..lol

i sent that email off, got my reply and all, they are sending me a replacement pure black, works out for me..lol

i'll probably end up thinning down the stuff i do have now for a wash or something..lol

ive yet to run into any other issue with blogs (except the white)... little paperclip work, and it flows fine now