bushido

New Terminators

absoloutly brilliant from the paint job to the color scheme to the posing. Congratulations on the slayer sword seeing this you definatly deserve it

Wowooy That is so cool Congrats on the Sword Man. I have always wanted to win it about since I saw it in a white dwarf many years ago It is soo cool, I bet it is proudly mounted on the wall right now, why dont you take a pic of it to show us. I bet you will be featured in forthcoming whitedwarf also holding the sword? ::D:

Terrific painting love the women freehand that is painting at its finest.

Actually, I haven't mounted it yet... I'm going to be moving to a new apartment soon, and I'd rather not drill unnecessary holes in my walls... ::P:

Aint been here in ages. I know what ya mean, Bushido. I have a ton of fantasy figures unpainted, GW and Reaper, but I keep getting drawn back to my Space Marines. I guess it's the smooth armor and sharp edges for shadeing that keep pulling me back. Just wondering on the particulars of the construction for your base, since Im thinking of doing something similar for my entire Blood Angel army once I get them done

The base wasn't hard, just time-consuming. It's just one of those wood plaques you can buy at a craft store. Normally, I'd just glue some foam-core (styrofoam sadwiched between poster-board) to make the texture and give me something out of which I could cut the holes for the minis, but I knew this wouldn't work since I wanted a paved road look. So, what I did was glue the foam-core to the wood base, and then glued plasticard to the top of that (after I cut out the holes I would need). To make it look like brick, I just cut and gouged grooves into the plastic on the display base as well as the bases of the minis.

After I was finished, I realized that it would be much easier to just buy the rolls of fake brick and glue it where I need it. You probably buy this stuff where they sell model trains or those miniature Christmas villages (I should know, my mom collects them...).