So is it good?

lstormhammer

Yeah, great action, great special effects, great plot. But....

* It jumped around too much.

* Ani didn't even ask how the emperor knew he had been having visions of padme.

* Padme turned into the biggest wuss bag of the the series, she had balls in the first 2.

And yeah the acting was very frustrated for the main part.

MMM.. lest vista's more interaction :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

* Padme turned into the biggest wuss bag of the the series, she had balls in the first 2.

Remember she's preggers. I don't think she'd go around on the battlefield as a spawn-host.

George Lucas is his own worst enemy. He's so busy drooling over CGI and marketing opportunities ($$$) that he forgets the basic foundation of any movie is the story, which in the case of a movie relies on the spoken word just as much as the visual effects. Anyone else notice that there's actually no dialog in any of these last three episodes? Its just a bunch of people reciting their lines, each waiting a second or two after the previous speaker finishes to begin their own.

The best acting in the entire movie is when Obi Wan is yelling at Vader at the end of III, and that's b/c its mostly a one sided conversation!

Its really too sad that such a creative genius can't see his own weak points and ask for some help. Imagine what Episodes I-III could have been like if Lucas had just called up one of his buddies - say Spielburg - and said "Hey, I've been working on this script for a while, but it needs some touching up. Mind giving it a once over?" ::(:

Remember she's preggers. I don't think she'd go around on the battlefield as a spawn-host.

Heh, I know she was pregnant, but.... she was so laid back, and calmly accepting of everything... she had fire in the first two. And I wish they had explained why they couldn't tell anyone they were married.

Heh, I know she was pregnant, but.... she was so laid back, and calmly accepting of everything... she had fire in the first two. And I wish they had explained why they couldn't tell anyone they were married.

Didn't they explain that in the ep. 2 ?

Because Anakin is a jedi and not allowed to marry her or something like that.

I saw the movie yesterday (in the IMAX theatre mind you) and I thought it was great. I loved the transition between modern ships and clothing (Ep I & II) and leading up to the more chucky ships in Ep IV. I thought this transition flowed nicely in Ep III.

I didn't have a problem with the acting. I thought that Luke (forgive, I can't think of the actors name right now...) had a few weak points in the later 3. I fully believe Han Solo's character made the later 3 so good. If you take him out, you have the first 3...IMO.

So yes, I still like the later 3 better however I do not hate the first 3. Anikan has been struggling with the Dark Side ever since Ep II. He was already having feelings he knew he shouldn't have but he (and no one else) did anything about it. His main goal in life was to be a powerful jedi...well once he thought the masters were preventing him from gaining power, the choice to which sides was simple. I mean the 'Emperior' was already giving him things he really wanted it. So of course he was going to side with him, Anikan is selfish, I don't remember him ever doing an unselfish act. The final push to the dark side was the power of saving Padme's life.

As for not knowing who the Emperior is, well, we really don't know who Yoda is either. He's around 800 years old I think and we never see any other creature like him.

Ok, that's my 2 cents worth. I totally enjoyed it. I'm a huge SW fan, so a lot of the 'errors' I can over look. (shrugs) I was not disappointed in the least. ::):

As for not knowing who the Emperior is, well, we really don't know who Yoda is either. He's around 800 years old I think and we never see any other creature like him.

You forgot about Yaddle. She's also on the Jedi Council though the race or planet of origin is never revealed.

As far as the movies went I have enjoyed all of them, though like others IV, V, & VI bettrer than the first three.

You forgot about Yaddle. She's also on the Jedi Council though the race or planet of origin is never revealed.

The old Star Wars novelizatrion (and script I think) was introduced as "The Journal of the Wills." It's been speculationed that these were Yoda's people.

Oh and I have to agree with all the "George Lucas is to preoccupied with CG" comments. When a director has such a big toybox to play with, theres no need to be choosy or frugal, and when every scene is a money shot, what elevates the rest of the movie? This time around Ewan McGreggor saved it.

I saw it last friday, and I liked it.

***SPOILER HEAVY TEXT BEGINS***

I do have some issues as to specific points, like, how readily the clone army turned against their Jedi generals. Having not seen the Clone Wars cartoons, and from the interaction between Obi-Wan and Commander Cody, I wouldn't have expected betrayal at the drop of a hat. I guess that after Ep.2 and the Republic Commando game, in my mind, clones were good guys. Obviously I was mistaken. I guess the only ones that would really have enough independence to question Order 66 would be the ARC troopers and perhaps even some of the Commando teams.

The thing with Vader and the younglings, although only insinuated in the film, also left me really disliking the character. In the original trilogy, Vader was the villain but was easy to have some degree of respect for him, since his attentions were directed mostly against military rebel leaders and symphatizers.

I really wasn't thrilled to see him go Herod on the padawans, but then again, it's just a movie, and he IS a bad guy, after all

*****SPOILER HEAVY TEXT ENDS*****

I do have some issues as to specific points, like, how readily the clone army turned against their Jedi generals.

Clones are near subserviant, remember. A high ranking offical tells them to jump off a cliff, they'll do it. The order came from Palpy himself, as well. To question him would be suicide.

Clones are near subserviant, remember. A high ranking offical tells them to jump off a cliff, they'll do it. The order came from Palpy himself, as well. To question him would be suicide.

I actually had a problem with many of the Jedi death scenes. It wasn't that the Jedi were getting killed - I expected that. But, every other time you watch Jedi in the second trilogy, they are whipping the lightsaber out and defending themselves the very instant there is danger. They can get killed, but it takes an effort.

Ki-Adi-Mundi getting cut down made sense. He was fighting droids and the clone troopers. The younglings getting cut down by Vader made sense. But Aayla Secura and the others just drop.

Apparently Yoda was the only Jedi who actually had any real training in ambush situations.

This is probably the most pointless thing to mark with a spoiler, but I'm going to do it anyway.

* * * * * SPOILER TEXT BELOW - NOT IMPORTANT, BUT SPOILER ANYWAY * * * * *

After all of that heartstring tugging and sad ending, I was getting irritated. The movie started with no momentum since we knew who would live and who would probably die. It then dropped into the Sci-Fi Channel's "Dune Miniseries" mode, where more talk than action was the nature of things. Then everything went bad, just as expected.

I was upset, but not so upset that it angered me. Until the very end.

One stupid spoiler coming up: Jar Jar did not die. In fact, Lucas threw him right in the middle of all the sad people. It's like he did it just to pour salt in the wound. The wound itself wasn't that bad, but the salt stung like crazy.

That was the deciding factor in my hating the film.

* * * * * END SPOILER * * * * *