My first mini in several years

Lemmy

I modified and painted this mini for a friend. The original had hair and was holding a kama (weapon) in each hand.

This is the first mini I've painted in several years. I've been amazed at the level of quality out there these days and was inspired to attempt to kick up my quality a notch or two. Hopefully I've been successful.

Monk_1.jpg

Back view:

Monk_2.jpg

Constructive comments/suggestions welcome.

A few more posts to come...

-Lemmy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you can say you stilll got it !

Never really liked the sculp with the kama .... But this one is great !

The purple in red flow is awesome too ... not to mension the dragon on his back ..

Could be my imagination though but do i detect some gray comming through the skin of his arms on teh backside. Maybe redo the skin a bit ... the robe and body is way superiour to the way the skin looks ... Though his face looks oke as well :) ...

STill amazing job ! Could only wonder how you were before your break

Q

Q-Ball

Thanks for the feedback and compliments.

Never really liked the sculp with the kama .... But this one is great !

Could be my imagination though but do i detect some gray comming through the skin of his arms on teh backside.

I agree- I don't much like the original sculpt, <_< but it seems to work with the modification. I also agree that the skin tone is not as successful. I was trying some shading and highlights but my blends need some work. For some reason the transitions came out looking much more harsh in the photos than it seemed to by the naked eye. That's something else I need to look into - improving mini photos. I read through the Forum here on photography and have some ideas to try.

As for my work from years ago, it's not on par with today's standards. Each one is a learning experience, I guess.

VikingLodge

For just getting back into to it you are doing really well.

Thank you. Coming from you that's a great compliment. ^_^ I've seem some of your work on this forum and it's pretty amazing. I'm not at that level, but I have fun painting either way. Spent about 10 hours on this mini. Seems like a lot to me. I'm guessing paint times shorten with experience.

Thanks for the input and encouragement guys.