Sign in to follow this  
TheFallen

Starship Trooper Bugs..

Well, I have been out of commision for a while due to an injury and recovery. I have picked up my brushes once again, though I feel like I am starting all over. This is not the place to go into it, so I will get right to the pics..

This piece here is one that I did at my FLGS. The deal was, he would open the box so I could see the figs, if I agreed to paint them. I think I may have bitten off more than I could chew. I did this one in about 3 hours, and with only 4 colors, not including the black primer. Hope you like it. Be gentle, as this is my first piece back in a couple months, now that I can hold a brush again.

Fallen

:devil:

Evil-looking buggers, aren't they? :huh:

Tommy. ::):

Actually, yes. :) I brought a couple home with me, so I can try expanding on the color scheme. At the moment, I am getting them prepped. They are plastic so it really takes some work. Breaking them away from the holder leaves some pretty nasty scars, even if using an exacto knife. At any rate, I have a couple of ideas - and more colors to use here at my house - on paint schemes from looking at pics of bugs, and from the movie stills.

Fallen

Good stuff with 3 hours and a few colors most impressive ::D:

Thanks Viking... not quite up to your work, but I may get there in a few years :D

After my wreck, i could barely hold a brush. Now that I actually have some mobility in my hand again, I am starting over. I think my FLGS owner is trying to help me by taunting me with these figs. Well, that and a few Reaper figs he sent me while I was laid up.

Fallen

Very nice!

Only thing is it sounds like you are being gypped. You have to paint ALL the bugs just for the privilege of SEEING them? Unless the bloke has done you MAJOR favors tell him to be happy with the one.

I like the scheme. Only suggestion I could make would be to clean the mold lines, but then again, I'm starting to leave more and more of them on the MI.

Lets see, 3 hours on one mini, 20 in the box, 60 hours total.

But if it helps me to get better, then it is worth it. ::D:

Cheers

nice little critter.... niiiice little critter.... :unsure:

its very nice.... where are they from??? I would like some for myself ::D:

nice little critter.... niiiice little critter.... :unsure:

its very nice.... where are they from??? I would like some for myself ::D:

You can get a box of 8-10 I think, from Mongoose if I am not mistaken. CHeck with your FLGS, he/she might be able to order them for ya.

Fallen

Mongoose has them out in regular distribution Channels.

The box is 6 bugs for $19.99. And if you're painting a ton of them, you can get a nice result with about 30 minutes per model. I finished 15 of them in just about five hours.