Version 1.1 data cards

Mad Pat

After some great beta comments here on the forums and some good feed back this past weekend, we have the version 1.1 data cards for all 6 major factions up and ready for you.

Be sure to down load the new set.

they have been marked on the top of each page as 1.1 data cards.

Mad Pat

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<sigh> should I just let you activate all your platoons at once, or would you like to go through the formality of drawing? :lol:

I'll be picking your brain about painting camo, I want to do a scrub/badlands-ish scheme on my Terrans.

You know, 'cause I like to hide in the brush, 2" away from you.

::P:

Jamie

I would like to ask you guys that while testing out the new data cards, test out CAV's and other units you would not normally use. Testing only works well if the lesser used CAV's get used as much as the main line CAV's

Mad Pat

I'll bring some of my old Heavy Gear stuff for you to look at. I have pretty good schemes on those for desert and mountain operations, at least you can get some ideas.

Also here.

And it looks like Pat is gonna make me use my next-to-worthless Knights this time around. ::(:

Well, the Templars got a lot more CAVs... expensive ones too... I take it the Templars are going to be a CAV heavy faction? They could still use a HK gunship and some more tanks (a fast shedder maybe).

So far though the only model of the Templar's I have a concern about is the Flail since it can't return fire... which sucks when it gets cornered. Then their is the Stiletto that had its RAV reduced... Spartan you suck ::P:

The SyRam Falcon still hasn't been changed ::(: Hopefully now that I don't have to focus on painting up my Warlord minis I'll have sometime to a pair up against Los Muertos and play with some of the varients.

To recap:

Viper CAVs are expensive...

Templars CAV heavy

Templars need HK gunship and maybe more tanks

Spartan sucks (not my Stilletto's fault yer Wolves are weak)

Falcon <_< needs more playtesting...

Now the Falcon is half fixed. ::): It needs a 36" range to offset it's crappy movement and reflect the fact that it's a "sniper" cav. And maybe Hunter too. ::):

I never saw the Falcon as a "sniper" CAV but as a defense CAV. Especially with its original slow speed and high Armor value. When I think of a sniper CAV I think Mastadon. And the Terran/SyRam version of the Mastadon is the Oni... which oddly enough the orginal data card for the Oni better resemble what my idea of the falcon should have been like minus the PBG of course.

I see the CAV 2 version being an effective yet cheap offensive CAV.

Now the current range of the Falcon is 32... personally I'm fine with that since CAV 2 has the unlimited range with the range bands. And with the current data card having a speed of 10 by no means is the Falcon slow anymore (10 mov being average for CAVs). Hunter wouldn't work well for the the Falcon either since it has Dorsal guns.

As things stand for the Falcon I am very pleased with the Dorsal guns over the Linked SA. THe only SA I would add would be wizzo. At any rate I still want to log a few more hours testing it.