Guess what I've been hearing

Errex

And no, it's not the Revenge of the Sith OST, although it is SW related.

It's the soundtrack to the Lucas Arts game, Republic Commando by Jesse Harlin(downloadable via the official game site).

I don't know what other things has Mr. Harlin worked on, but the music to this game is actually as good as the original movie music for SW.

I don't know if it was something concious or not, but some of the tracks sung to the text from Dha Werda Verda sound just like Maori music, which is nice since in game, your character is voiced by Temuera Morrison.

Bottom line, it's pretty good music and it can be downloaded as MP3 for free from LucasArts.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nice set of music is the knights of the old republic soundtrack. Not sure how you can get your hands on it, but it's by the same guy who did Morrowind (which was awesome), as well as one of my other favorite games (can't remember it right now...arghh!)

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/hud.html

Wait for the unyieldy flash animation to load. Then run your mouse over the word "Navigate" toward the top. More swirly things happen and you'll get a menu.

There's a "Downloads" section, with "mp3s" as an option. Click that, then click the arrows pointing down next to each song.

It's just around 32 minutes total, I think, divided into 15 tunes. Not bad, either.

The RotS soundtrack is a deal just for the DVD of Star Wars music/images. It's much cheaper then buying the sets, and has almost all the good parts!

Have to check out the game music though, thanks!

Addmittedly, some of the tracks for RC work best inside a game context. As with so many Lucas Arts games, there is a dynamic music track running, and depending on the mood, the soundtrack adjusts accordingly (say, slow and moody when you crawl through a tunnel, fast and rithmic when you face an enemy).

As SD pointed out, the price can't be beat, and the game itself is really pretty good, IMO.