looking for display case

As my minis are currently taking up space in a bookshelf and are not well-displayed, I would like to purchase something resembling the display cases at Reaper in Anne's office (clear shelves, glass (or plexi) doors that goes on the wall). Does anyone know where I might be able to get something like this? The only thing I've found so far is something for $355 (way more than I'm willing to spend, how much pewter would that buy?). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like THESE from IKEA (they are made from solid wood - they call it walnut, but it is much lighter in color than American walnut - with glass sliding doors and 2 adjustable glass shelves).

I have one assembled and two more waiting for finishing before assembly. They can be wall-mounted or used free standing on top of a bookcase. The wood is unfinished, so I would recommend using an oil finish prior to assembly (I use the "natural" color of "Watco Danish Oil Finish").

The last time I was in IKEA, they were selling the Jarna cabinets for $30 each.

Another option is building your own box.

I made one using a bench mounted circular saw (Triton workbench)

Around $50 for materials, with plexi shelves. Fit's most standard mini's.

and has lights ::):

http://users.bigpond.com/peterjudyklatt/pi...minicabinet.jpg

http://users.bigpond.com/peterjudyklatt/pi.../minilights.jpg

I would like to purchase something resembling the display cases at Reaper in Anne's office (clear shelves, glass (or plexi) doors that goes on the wall).

Can we get a picture of these display cases of Anne's?

And what's Anne doing with an office, did she get promoted up from "Slave"?

Thanks Inge. Lookie! It's Anne! *waves at Anne*

Yeah, I want those -exact- shelves too. I love the all plexy look where there's nothing else at all to distract from the figures. I mean... just look at how the minis all pop from the wall. That's SO cool. *hee*

Where did you get them Anne?

Jess

They shouldn't be too hard, or too expensive, to make. Plexiglass of varying sizes (thicker walls, thinner for the shelves) and glue, a couple of hinges and some sort of locking mechanism should do ya.

Seeing as I am totally incompetent at anything resembling manufacturing an item (can't really paint minis all that well either, but it's fun to try!) I went with 2 of the Ikea specials. At my local store they were $25 so I bought 2. They also had a big glass floor display case, maybe for when I splurge on dragons..... Thanks much for all the suggestions though!

Seeing as I am totally incompetent at anything resembling manufacturing an item (can't really paint minis all that well either, but it's fun to try!) I went with 2 of the Ikea specials. At my local store they were $25 so I bought 2. They also had a big glass floor display case, maybe for when I splurge on dragons..... Thanks much for all the suggestions though!

one of these days, I'll be buying the all-glass display case. It is perfect for dragons and priced less than a single big box set dragon.

They shouldn't be too hard, or too expensive, to make.  Plexiglass of varying sizes (thicker walls, thinner for the shelves) and glue, a couple of hinges and some sort of locking mechanism should do ya.

Any idea what kind of glue would work best? And how do you cut plexiglass?

As far as locking mechanism, I don't know if I could afford the new age tech locking mechanism on Anne's cases! (a piece of scotch tape) ::P: