Sign in to follow this  
TheFallen

Elven Archer Captain

I think the name on the package of this piece was Selewyn, but I am not sure. This is my first attempt at thinned and layered paint. I must say, I am soooo glad that I purchased the master series paints from reaper. Wonderful to learn with, and easy to use. Unfortunately I am not very good at taking pics. In other words, my camera Foo is poo poo.

I chose a Harlequin type scheme for this piece, to represent a charcter that my friends wife plays. All in all, I am quite proud of it. Any suggestions on how to use lighting to keep from bleaching out the colors would be greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy it.

Fallen

selewyn.jpg

I like the idea you were going with but it looks like a few things need some highlighting and darkening. The color scheme is interesting too. I probably would have toned down the magenta just a wee bit. I also think the hair should be either lighter than the yellow you used in the clothing or she should be a dark brunette. That would give more contrast to the figures paint job overall. I like your basing too. Nice touch.

I like the idea you were going with but it looks like a few things need some highlighting and darkening. The color scheme is interesting too. I probably would have toned down the magenta just a wee bit. I also think the hair should be either lighter than the yellow you used in the clothing or she should be a dark brunette. That would give more contrast to the figures paint job overall. I like your basing too. Nice touch.

Thanks! If I could take a decent picture, you might be able to see the contrast in color. The yellow is actually brighter than her hair. The magenta, is actually deep red base, lighted out to pheonix red with burgandy shades. Like I said though, the picture came out really bleached. I am working on taking the pic with other lamps and some filtering to keep the effect down a bit.

Fallen

This model is actually Caerwynn. I really like the colors except for the face paints. I personally would have gone with regular skin tones, but you were going for the jester look so it looks great.