New troop info

Each orc can only kill 1 elf a turn so as long as you do not let them get 2 elves in contact with 1 then you get to keep shooting (and moving ).

This is true, but a typical 750 point Reven for me is from 18-24 models, even a 1-1 kill ratio doesn't cause me much worry.

Shoot all you want. We'll make more! ::D:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you hit the 2000 point game you can field the same kind of adept in two troops. At 3000 you can field the same kind of adept in three troops.

I do agree that making elven archers adepts really hits them especially hard, the high point cost was pretty rough as it is. I think making the Vale Breakers into Adepts and keep the archers as Grunts would probably more accurately fit into the elven fluff and style of play.

Nerfing the all archer elf list isn't a side effect of this rule change, it's the point of it.

Nothing kills interest in a game line faster than having one and only one play style dominate, and that's what the EWs elf list does.

PS

This is true, but a typical 750 point Reven for me is from 18-24 models, even a 1-1 kill ratio doesn't cause me much worry.

36 shots at DV 10 is about 14 hits. Do the math. I'm not saying the elves will definately win. It will come down to tactics in the end. :poke:

I'm mainly upset because I have bought and painted 18 Elven Archers and I know Ranzadual also has 15 or so painted Skeletal Archers which now are not usable. This is because the game was not playtested enough or by adequate playtesters. Now in the end it is my time and money wasted.

I already have a friend who has quit because of the rulings Reaper has made to fix the glaring errors. :down: He has a fully painted Crusader Army and now doesn't play because of this type of stuff. The flying changes was the straw that broke the camels back for him. Total time he played Warlords was one month.

Why flip out? Make the game what you want it to be. Discuss things with the people you play with. If you play with cool people they shouldn't mind what sort of army list you come up with.

On the other hand, I get irritated playing with as many archers as my friends play with and they don't have near 18. Playing games like that really isn't that fun. Having half your army dead before you get an attack off is really a waste of time in my opinion. I'm all for the changes. I'm sorry they hurt some people so bad. Try looking at it as an opportunity to collect and paint more figures maybe?

Actually, during the playtest phase, all archers were adepts, on the lists we were using.

And my group of playtesters were more than adequate.

Then why weren't they kept as Adepts in the finalized version? :blink: You seem to be reinforcing my point that the rules were not properly playtested.

Why flip out?  Make the game what you want it to be.  Discuss things with the people you play with.  If you play with cool people they shouldn't mind what sort of army list you come up with.

On the other hand, I get irritated playing with as many archers as my friends play with and they don't have near 18.  Playing games like that really isn't that fun.  Having half your army dead before you get an attack off is really a waste of time in my opinion.  I'm all for the changes.  I'm sorry they hurt some people so bad.  Try looking at it as an opportunity to collect and paint more figures maybe?

I like to try different army lists out. I also like to make an army which I think will win. I enjoy the fluff and hanging out with friend but we play around here to win. Tournaments are done to see who can make armies to WIN.

If I go to a Con or Tounament and say hey... 'How about I play with Elvin Archers as Grunts' they will say, 'too bad.' Thus I have 8 too many painted achers Archers. That is my problem. The reason I am 'flipping out' as you so eloquently put it, is due to the abundance of errata bad rules changes due to a game being released before its time. ::(:

In terms of playtesting, Warlord had the longest period of playtesting I have ever heard of. From closed Beta stage till the book hit the shelves was what, over a year?

And that doesn't even include all the stuff learned from Dark Heaven :wacko:

True said, Frosch and Spartan!

I won't name names, but I recall a certain competitor that released a miniature tactical game based on a certain popular film trilogy that actually had to publish errata in their monthly zeen before the game even hit the stores.... but far be it for me to name names.

ALL factions, including my beloved Reven, will do a certain degree of suffering because of the newest updates. Adopt, adjust and adapt. ::D:

Skeeters are finally worth their points and Reven can now go all missile and do what elves used to do.

The best fix would have been to say simply that missile troops cannot outnumber your non-missile troops.

Andras was overpriced.

The Reven Warlord was horribly under priced.

Some of these changes will make it more difficult for me to find opponents. :down:

Yep.. Varaug isn't a cheap-date anymore, but I still love him. Now getting to spread my skeeters around will more than make up for the Warlord price-hike.

Besides.. Kiakara IS coming soon. :wub: Having a Warlord option will be good.