Sign in to follow this  
Chogokin

A Tournament Travel Quandary

Hello. I live in northwestern Pennsylvania, and I'm looking for some Warlord action this coming weekend. Now, the nearest big city is Pittsburgh, but I don't have any information about any tournaments or regular play sessions. The other nearest big city is Erie, and again, no information as to Warlord activities there. Being in the northwest, I'm separated from the east and southeast by the Appalachians, which often makes it more convenient to travel a longer distance west into Ohio, which is more directly accessible by interstate. On July 4th and 5th, I've got to choose between the following events:

A store called the Adventurer's Guild in Harrisburg is having a "Birthday Party" featuring small demos of games, including Warlord. This might be fun, and it is only about 3.5 hours away. Also, I want to justify the effort I put into painting up 750 points of Nefsokar.

The Barthos Province Warlord Tournament is being held in Mansfield Ohio. This is only 3 hours away, and it will feature 750 point battles. However, it might be more competitive than I want to be as someone new to playing the game. Also, I fall into the Bloody Strip, not Barthos, and I wouldn't want to infringe on the ettiquette of regional competition.

Last but not least, there will be several days of 750 point demos in Kettering, Ohio. This sounds about perfect for what I want in terms of activity, but it would be a 5 hour drive.

So, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Hello.  I live in northwestern Pennsylvania, and I'm looking for some Warlord action this coming weekend.  Now, the nearest big city is Pittsburgh, but I don't have any information about any tournaments or regular play sessions.  The other nearest big city is Erie, and again, no information as to Warlord activities there.  Being in the northwest, I'm separated from the east and southeast by the Appalachians, which often makes it more convenient to travel a longer distance west into Ohio, which is more directly accessible by interstate.  On July 4th and 5th, I've got to choose between the following events:

A store called the Adventurer's Guild in Harrisburg is having a "Birthday Party" featuring small demos of games, including Warlord.  This might be fun, and it is only about 3.5 hours away. Also, I want to justify the effort I put into painting up 750 points of Nefsokar.

The Barthos Province Warlord Tournament is being held in Mansfield Ohio.  This is only 3 hours away, and it will feature 750 point battles.  However, it might be more competitive than I want to be as someone new to playing the game.  Also, I fall into the Bloody Strip, not Barthos, and I wouldn't want to infringe on the ettiquette of regional competition.

Last but not least, there will be several days of 750 point demos in Kettering, Ohio.  This sounds about perfect for what I want in terms of activity, but it would be a 5 hour drive.

So, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Can play in Ohio. Borders are silly and we don't care. I'll be there to play and if you want to just do some straight games, I'll be more than happy to play you.

Come to the Ohio event......Of course, I'm the host, so I have a bias...... There was a guy from Stubenville (Youngstown area) that expressed an interest in coming, but has not committed yet. Maybe you guys could car pool.

Castlebuilder

Well, we're not having anything other than demos at the Adventurer's Guild events this weekend, primarily due to the fact that there will not be any space available because of all the other stuff going on. Sorry to Disappoint.

We'll be hosting tournaments and other Warlord Gaming events starting later this summer. Keep your eyes peeled. ::D:

Heh, guess it'll be Ohio for Saturday. I may visit Harrisburg on Sunday, though, if I'm not all driven out. And besides, there are a good 2 or 3 months left this summer...

Thanks folks!

Looks like Castle Builders event this weekend's going to rock. I know I'll be there (My pirates may not be finished...but they'll be there).

Plus, if anyone is going to ORIGANS I'm going to be up for as many "after hours" games I can fit in.

WooooHooooo, Another player! :lol: At this point it is looking like four to six players, depending on who actually makes it. There is still room for more!

Castlebuilder

WooooHooooo, Another player!  At this point it is looking like four to six players, depending on who actually makes it. There is still room for more!

I might miss the CAV game but I will be there for the Warlord Game.