You've got your Cavalry - Thorvald Clawhelm. Shouldn't he be enough?

Dwarves - Walk you Banes of my existence ::D:

Oops. I had actually forgotten about Teddy Ruxpin. Now all we need is lesser versions of Teddy. Hmmm...what's a good name? How about Ralph Ruxpin. ::D:

Of course, with the Dwarves walking, I can get my swiftaxes to charge some ungodly 18 inches across the field, with a musician of course. Obviously, they won't get to attack, but it's the principle of the thing! If I got a cavalry unit, I might be stuck with it being slower! Wouldn't that be a kick? :B):

Wild Bill :blues:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just mentally did the calculations on that 22-point Swiftaxe. Compare its charge to a cavalry/monster unit that moves 12 and has Bloodlust/4. Granted, the Dwarves have a 2-move charge of 18" and the cav unit has a single-move charge of 18" but still, that's awfully fast for a little dude.

Yeah, but then the poor guy has to stand their panting, catching his/her breath, while his opponent cordially thanks him for running up and making it easier to kill and CdG him since he won't have to move into b2b now.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!!!!! That would totally rock!!! I think the Dwarves need to have a chariot that is pulled by two mountain goats and the chariot body is an old beer keg. Yeah. :lol:

Plus, I think they need to have Dwarves standing around with beer mugs in their hands. Or maybe a keg hat. That would rule! :lol:

Here's a start: DHL #02559, Dwarven Brewmaster

2559.jpg

As for Darkspawn cavalry, if they weren't so expensive I'd invest in a few 'Daemonettes on Steeds of Slaanesh', but, well, $10 each to GW... nah. Give us something as cool, though, Reaper-peeps, with the rider to proper scale, and I'll buy a unit.

As for Darkspawn cavalry, if they weren't so expensive I'd invest in a few 'Daemonettes on Steeds of Slaanesh', but, well, $10 each to GW... nah. Give us something as cool, though, Reaper-peeps, with the rider to proper scale, and I'll buy a unit.

How about this guy?

2620_G.jpg

Expensive, but oh so cool, and appropriate to the feel of the 'Spawn. Not quite the right type of elf, though.

Now, I know this response is basically threadjacking, and I apologize in advance.

I went to the Reaper online store just now to look up those Dwarf Brewmaster guys. I found three listings, all different prices and yet they all showed the same picture. I definitely don't want to buy the cheapest one and get only have of the set. I want both!! Can anyone tell me which one I need to buy? The cheap one, the middle one, or the expensive one? I assume I need to buy the expensive one but I'm not sure. :wacko:

You're probably seeing the Boneyard listings in addition to the regular ones.

Boneyard listings add a letter to the number to signify which part it is (you'll note the letters in the photograph).

Thus, 02559 is the whole set, 02559A is just the guy with the mug, and 02559B is just the two guys with the barrell.

How about this guy?

2620_G.jpg

Expensive, but oh so cool, and appropriate to the feel of the 'Spawn. Not quite the right type of elf, though.

Way too big to fit on a Cavalry base -- that guy just barely fits on a Super base. Not really workable.

Besides, except for the Broken Fodder and Javolith, my Darkspawn army is all-female.

Ok, awesome! That makes sense now. Thanks everyone for their help! We shall now end this session of threadjacking!! :lol:

On with the cavalry! Anyone else up for seeing a bunch of little Dwarven Teddy Ruxpins to go with Big Daddy Teddy Ruxpin? Huh? Huh? Come on Qwyk. You know you wanna. :wub::wub::wub: