Buying Paints Online

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never worked for me.

After getting almost the entire ProPaint line in my hot little hands, I didn't paint for almost 20 months and a lot of them dried up or seperated to a point of no return.

Now, while I did buy some of the MSPs that I thought I really needed (fleshtones mostly) I didn't buy them all. I don't want them to go bad and me end up with multi-colored fingers because I'm trying to find out which ones are still good.

And next time I'm buying direct from Reaper. The ones in stores you can't be certain how old they are... how long the distributor has had them sitting around or in what climate. Reaper is only 230 miles from me (give or take a mile or three) so I know what climate shift they'll get (almost none) and how fresh they'll be (better than your average game store). While it might be more expensive, I'll pay it for peace of mind.

Besides, I'm a Reaper FanGirl. I'd live there and work there for just a pat on the head if I was allowed.

Besides, I'm a Reaper FanGirl.  I'd live there and work there for just a pat on the head if I was allowed.

I hear that! This december, I am moving to Denton. Why? Because Reaper is there. Yes, that is the only reason. :B):

Why wait till December? Because my wife finishes grad school then. Otherwise, we'd be there now! ::D:

I'm moving so I will always have a place to play Warlord, and for Anne's saturday painting classes, and to (hopefully someday) get a job with them. Even if I only get paid in head pats! :lol:

Not to worry, Gus, I've been looking at jobs and such in the area as well. We'd be happier there, I think, plus we'd have tons of friends around.

Denton will have to be renamed to Reaperville. :lol:

Now, to just find a non-retail job that will be either within walking distance for me, or two jobs where SD will still have time to drop me off at work (unless the bussing system there is better than Austin - which wouldn't be hard) but I'd prefer the walk.

Problem is, I like my government job. I'm somewhat secure, decent benefits, and I can look forward to retiring comfortably someday. I can transfer to the Farmers Branch office, but I need money to do that.

Argh.

Gus, wanna pay for me and my hubby to move? ::P: (J/K!)

The way I see it is if I buy one or two packs right now, some time in the future I will buy more so I might as well buy the whole thing now and not worry about ever needing another color of paint.

Good justification right?

definately..lol

Are the new Reaper paints sold in groups of three, since they are made to compliment one another or are they only seperate?

As a matter of fact, they just started offering some of them in groups of three.

Items 09701-09718

Are the new Reaper paints sold in groups of three, since they are made to compliment one another or are they only seperate?

As a matter of fact, they just started offering some of them in groups of three.

Items 09701-09718

Are they sold in blister packs (with POPs?) :wub:

yes, a triad is blistered.

Reaper Master Series Paint Triads

These blister packs contain one each of the listed colors: a shadow, a mid-tone, and a highlight color. These triads make it easy for both beginning and expert painters to paint fantastic miniatures in three easy steps. Each Master Series Triad is packaged on a wall-mounted blistercard for ease of display. Master Series paints are water soluble.

gotta give a shoutout to Neal at the Warstore.com fast shipping & pretty good prices, orders over 75 US dollars are free, it's where I picked up my army transport case & my foam inserts + paints & of course minis, shipping came out to 15 or so dollars, but it was free on my end, don't know how Neal does it, funny he's in NY & I'm in OR & still sometimes I get my orders a day early it seems,

there have been screwups but Neal fixes them right away or I tell him to just wait until my next order, but very fantastic service. Just ordered a couple iron kingdom minis & the 2 newest grey triads today (would have picked those up at the con but was low on cash & didn't want take that chance!!!)

anyways, Neal is great!! give him money ::D: you'll have a great online source for rpg/mini related stuff!!!

Randy M