7 Vale Archers

Meridh

3 Deathseekers

3 Vale Longthorns, Musician, Standard

Meridh

4 Vale Warriors

2 Vale Longthorns, Musician

Centaur

Most common strategy would be a pincer/lure- archers in middle. Go for the archers, you get crushed between the melee troops. I wanted to include Lysette, but figured that the four archers I could get in her place would be more effective (not to mention that there's not much point to fireball when you can do more damage with volley :rolleyes: )

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was considering Ardynn also, but again, left out for points consideration. Now, if it was 1500 pts...I'd start having some fun...2-3 elites, at least 2 centaurs, maybe a treeman or eagle...oh, the possibilities...even better, a full troop with caerwynn...20-shot indirect volleys, anyone? :devil:

While I'm thinking of it, how many turns do most people play? Just wondering because it affects the number of spells it's worth taking.

While I wouldn't call myself someone who has tons of Warlords games in yet, I have quite a few games in. I've reached the conclusion that in smaller games (Under 100) it is easy to go overboard on spells. Melee seems to be joined pretty fast, and after that many of the heavy duty area of effect spells lose their value. Once you have a fireball left over or the mage dies with 100 pts of spells left, you start to wonder. <_< Lately my armies have a couple heavy spells, such as a fireball and a dispel, then a variety of the cheaper spells to cover whatever comes up. Check with me in another 100 or so games and I may have a better opinion.........

Castlebuilder

While I'm thinking of it, how many turns do most people play? Just wondering because it affects the number of spells it's worth taking.

Count how many turns it will take your enemies to get into B2B with you. You should have at least that many Blesses. If you can spare the points, a Hold is a great spell for elves. Pin down a set of the enemy warriors and shoot the bejesus out of them.

I've found I can go thru about 6 spells in a 750 game. I usually only take 1 fireball/storm, and the rest are cheaper spells. I also play a lot of clerics, since the O'lords have the best one in the game.

PS

I usually load Yagun up with 4-5 spells. He doesn't always cast them all, but it's good to have a few on hand for emergency purposes. Usually most of my 750 point games have gone 4-5 turns. Depends on how much shuffling there is of forces before they crash together in a large blood bath. And how ineffective my Bull Orc Archers are (which whenever I play Pete is VERY :down: )

Fireball (with Greater Magic Empowerment Yags gets a CP 9, so for most grunts which have a MD of 10, you don't even need to roll ^_^ ), 2 Dispells (for annoying spell duel purposes), and 2 Ice shards (to whittle down the bigger guys for my grunts).

I haven't had much chance to play with Ombur, my cleric yet, since I have to put together my other Narg so I can field 2 elites.