Elves 1000 pts

I thought about hold but left it out because the casting chances weren't that good, because of losing the friendly casting bonus. On the other hand, the friendly spells have an 80% success rate. But it would be fun to hold a unit, then charge it with deathseekers.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Elves 1000 pts, Proving that adept archers can work." No one EVER said that adept archers did not work. It seems like when someone thinks Reaper has made an mistake or poor decision and express their opinion, a large group of people rally to bash them down and tell them they are wrong and then start other threads to keep trying to beat on them. If you look in this thread you will see the list I made is about 1/2 Archers750 points elves. With that said...

With the new rules I would do so something like this.

1 Selwyn, Vale Captain

1 Lysette

2 -Ice Shards

1 - Slow

1 - Scare

1 - Firestorm

1 Greater Magical Empowerment

2 Death Seekers

7 Vale Warriors

1 Meridh, Vale Sergeant

9 Vale Archers

1 Centaur

The Elves, nor hardly anyone else could stand up to Razig's force now with the new Adept rules.  They are NOW broken (but that's a topic for another thread.)

So which one is it?

Uhh...

He said that the Razig's Revenge list is broken, not the Elf list.

Just sayin'...

Last night one my Elf players created an army using the new rules. He had 4 units. 3 relatively small units designed to run out and flank the enemy units. The 4th had 6 archers, 2 deathseekers and a sgt. We always use lots of terrain of course. He was playing against a Dwarf army with 3 decent sized troops and a mage. The mage wasn't much of a factor because it couldn't get close enough to cast more than one spell before turning into a pincushionee. :down:

The Dwarf player did manage to kill off every non-archer model the Elf player controlled. However, as the remaining Dwarf models were attempting to run across the field and engage the archers, they too fell to the pincushion wars. :down:

All in all, I think Elf archers are still as deadly as ever. Just spread them out and cover more area that way. Cohesion won't matter much unless you get a spell cast on you. If that happens, chances are the game is going against you anyways. ^_^

My two cents from my observations. :B):

Wild Bill :blues:

All in all, I think Elf archers are still as deadly as ever. Just spread them out and cover more area that way. Cohesion won't matter much unless you get a spell cast on you. If that happens, chances are the game is going against you anyways. 

Cohesion is a huge area. I don't really worry about it unless I am having my leader get into melee.

I tried out a Necropolis force with the following:

Elsbeth-81

Naomi w/Undying host,Fireball,and Bolt

9 skeleton archers

Eikar

4 Crypt Bats

Gargoyle

I was facing a playtest army of Reven. (Some new stat cards , can't disclose what is on them). :poke: It was an interesting game. On the first turn, the skellies connected with a volley, dropping two orcs, one of whom got up on Warcry. There was a cool airial battle between my Crypt Bats and the upcoming reven Harpies.

The orcs tried to close quickly, but a fireball, three ghost appearing( from Undying host), and lots of good shooting from the skellies kept things under control. I also dropped back a full move after each round of shooting. Once the Reven arrived, "Fear of Undeath" saved the day for me.

For Necropolis, at least, 1000 points can provide a fun, effective archer/flyer force.