Old Glory seige equipment

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh thanks for the link, Crusader! I think my Reven need siege equipment for to bring along when they beseiege Aizen Krahl.

Pity there are not yet rules for trebuchets and battering rams, but one can dream, right? ::D:

Trebuchets are great though, especially scale-models that actually work. Two years ago or so, Steve scratch-built one that was about 9 inches tall and we amused ourselves at our FLGS by launching cherry-pits at the other gamers.

Very nice of reaper to let you advertise for somebody else's miniatures on their website isn't it? :blink:

I think it's just confidence in their own product and trust in their fans. Plus, even if money now goes to a competitor, it keeps the hobby alive, which increases the chances for sales for more people in the future through growth of the hobby in general. I think there is also realization, that with a company of its size, it is impossible to produce EVERYTHING. It is better to stick to a few things, do it well, and create a horde of devoted fanboys and girls, rather than overreach and see quality and popularity wane.

Well, it's not like reaper has anything to fear from Old Glory, and yes the more miniatures you buy the better for all. I just think linking to competitor's site isn't the most considerate thing to do here.

billr, While many company websites ban the linking to other companies, we do not.

brushmaster has not broken any board rules, and we, in fact, encourage our users to find resources we cannot or do not yet provide. The Old Glory Treb linked to would not be legal in any of the 3 official games annually, because it is not Reaper product, but if Brushmaster wants a treb, he pretty much has to look elsewhere as we don't make one.

Don't worry - we are not upset that anyone has linked to Old Glory, Ral Partha, or even GW. (And yes, people do link to any and all of those here). We are happy that people are playing Warlord, and encourage them to play more. If it's good for the hobby or the game, it's good for Reaper. The buying of a mini, any mini, or paint, brushes, or tools, encourages manufacturers to make more, and encourages retailers to open their shelves to more product, which encourages consumers to look more into it instead of walking by.

Thanks Bryan, ::D:

That's one of the reason I love Reaper , they don't mind too much about getting stuck up on others products . :wub:

It's also why I don't like GW very much because a few years ago I went to a Tourney with a modified mini (I stuck a gun on from another range) , well the carying on by the organiser , saying it wasn't a GW mini , etc , yadah yadah . :angry::angry:

Anyway one has got to get their minis and stuff where they can cause its really hard to get some things here in Australia . <_<