Sign in to follow this  
Spartan6

Keeping MSP's shaken

I recently discovered a wonderful way to keep my MSP's shaken and ready for use! It's an easy two-step process!

STEP 1: Acquire a few MSP's and arrange them in a convenient pattern around your painting table.

STEP 2: Acquire an 8 week old kitten.

Repeat as necessary ::D:

So long as it doesn't steal the paints you are all set. Mine (less than a year old) once took off with a bag from A.C. Moore with several bottles of craft paints. It took me a week to find them.

Two days ago one of our cats jumped up on the table and puked all over our paints, luckily the miniatures were spared. Nothing like cleaning undigested cat food off the paint containers.

Well the other thing you can hope it doesn't do is develop the need to put paint bottles in it's water dish because it has decided that they are babies and need a drink. I have a friend who cannot leave small loose items out where his one cat can get to them. If he cannot find anything he checks their water dish. Nine times out of ten, that is where he will find his pens, cufflinks, a hair comb, and once one of those small pocket sized bags of tissue. Of course this is also the same cat who did a faceplant in hot marinara boiling on the stove because he wanted a taste.

I love the water bowl cat!!!! Mine think any small object in the house is food that I must eat immediately and drag it, while making horrendous noises, to wherever I happen to be-usually in bed sleeping! Oh so much fun to wake up to my husbands dirty socks in my face. They don't think much of the paints though for some reason-unless they're in a plastic bag!

One of our cats has decided that anything on the floor is a cat toy. So, if he sees something on the counter, or table, etc he will jump up knock it on the floor then jump down and play with it. He also likes to play in boxes. Especially boxes I am trying to cut up to put in the recycle. I have to be careful to move cat tail out of my way before I run the box cutter over the cardboard.

One of my cats had the habit of rubbing her face on things (either marking them as hers or just because she liked to do it - I never figured out which).

The image of her after she rubbed her face on the can of shaving cream was priceless.

I'm assuming you've all experienced the feline fascination with your paintbrush rinsewater as well?

I actually had to get a covered tub for mine becuase the cats choose to drink it even when their own water dish is full. The rinse tub is harder to get too an therefore must be more worth drinking.