My new Skaven!

:0)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous actually. If you paint your whole army to this standard and keep it all GW produced this time then you should enter it an a Grand Tournament if they hold one near you.

Great metallics and an overall gorgeous look for Skaven. Maybe a little more highlighting on the fleshtones to bring them up to the level of the metallics contrast-wise, but the color of the skin is great, just need some brighter brights IMHO.

I'm only going to share the Stormvermin's armour recipe. The other one takes far too long. ::P:

- basecoat with mithril silver

- wash with Black Ink

- mix PVA glue with Brown Ink to make a glaze, and stain the surface unevenly with it, adding as much as you like

- hit everything with matte varnish

They are fun to paint aren't they? Heh... That's a good thing, because you're going to have a LOT of painting to do! I have about 1000pts painted and it's taken a while. Putting together Skaven plastics is possibly one of the more masochistic things a person could choose to do to themselves. Anyone with a nicely painted Skaven army deserves a hug in my opinion...