Looking for Players

Before anyone hits me because I don't know where else to post this , I appologise . :mellow:

I'm looking for Warlord players in Sydney and I've tried using the Worlord HQ emails with no replies to offers for a game . :down:

While I'm at it , how does increase their ranking on that site ?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here in Sydney, but then you knew that didn't you Ross.

But I'll just send out a friendly welcome for anyone in the SYdney area, or for that matter, anyone who is visiting the Sydney area to come out and have a fun and friendly game with Brushmaster and myself.

Right now we have a group of 3 players that have armies, with a couple others that have joined us when we've played. I know I think it would be great if we could get a solid group of players coming out on a regular basis.

If you don't have an army don't worry, as it is now we have plenty to be able to have a couple games going, so don't let it hold you back.

We're not the least bit fussy about proxies either, so if you have an army for another game and you'd like to try Warlord out go ahead and bring it out, we'll let you use it.

Hey sorry you sent me a pm ages ago but i never got around to replying. Im somewhat interested in playing but it really depends on the time and location. I have two and a half 750points armies painted up (most of its in the reapergames gallery).

So where abouts do you guys play?

Hi Mateybob ::D:

we play at WSGS at Quakers Hill High School on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month between 10am and 5pm . You can catch the train and then its a 10 minute walk straight to the school . I've also just became a BL rep and will be running demos at Unlimited Hobbies in Blacktown on a Saturday ,once a month . ::):

WSGS (Western Suburbs Games Society) also has a website here

Yeah as i feared its a lot of travel for me, i live in south sydney. Why is the entire Sydney gaming scene located way out west? :P Dont really have time for that kind of travel right now unfortunately. Come and do some demos in the city and then were talking ;)

The toy soldier on York street (well where else do you buy everything role and mini related in Sydney?) is probably a good place to put out feelers. And one of the black lightning guys did some demo's through there a while back.

I occasionally go to Tin Soldier to pick up the odd blister.

To be honest, for the most part if I want to do a big order I usually think about having it sent over from Canada or the States to me. THe uphike in prices from North America to Australia for Reaper minis is very high, and it is simply cheaper to mail order directly from overseas.

THat being said, I buy most of my RPG books and stuff at Tin Soldier because they arn't that much more expensive in Australia. I'm one for usually supporting brick and Mortar, but Reaper is so unreasonable in Australia that I don't feel I can justify buying them at a local retailer.

I'd pay somewhere int he neighbourhood of $15-18 Canadian for a Warlord Grunt blister, or I can buy them here for $22-27. Painful when you consider that the Australian and Canadian dollars are fairly even in comparison to the US dollar.