BATMAN

SaintRigger

For goodness sakes people....

If you haven't seen it yet.. go see Batman Begins. It rocks in so many ways. If you love batman and follow the comics - it's very true to them. Batman is a tormented man, Bruce is a jerk etc...

If you don't like Batman - it's still just a great thriller, action flick. The director had everyone watch Bladerunner before they started work on the film - and it really shows.

AND - if you can see it on IMAX, by all means do so. It's worth the extra $ for a ticket - they filmed it for the IMAX experience and it shows.

I've seen it 3 times this week, and I *rarely* do that.

It's safe to say that all the damage that Schumacher did to the Batman license has successfully been undone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. As a Star Wars geek that had just seen Ep3, and immediately afterwards went back to see Batman Begins (chain moviegoing, I think it would be called), I can tell you that this movie rocks!.

It was just perfect. The guy playing Crane was downright chilly, and the whole Rhas'al'Gul affair was extremely interesting. I think both Batman Begins and the first Spiderman movie are the best comic to screen projects EVER.

I've seen it twice already. It's freakin' amazing.

It was just perfect. The guy playing Crane was downright chilly

I didn't know until it was pointed out to me by the young lady that saw it with me yesterday, but that's the same guy who played the main character in 28 Days Later. No wonder he's so creepy! :lol:

I've seen it twice already. It's freakin' amazing.

It was just perfect. The guy playing Crane was downright chilly

I didn't know until it was pointed out to me by the young lady that saw it with me yesterday, but that's the same guy who played the main character in 28 Days Later. No wonder he's so creepy! :lol:

I take it your referring to the thumbs in the eyeballs scene from 28 Days Later... :lol:

The director had everyone watch Bladerunner before they started work on the film - and it really shows.

Indeed. Most evocative city scapes since BladeRunner.

Going again this week. This is the first time I can rember that Batman has ever conveyed any menace or power on screen.

It's a great movie, but will scare kiddies (had a terrified one a couple seats down from me).

Saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith myself (and loved it!) but I plan on catching Batman this week around ... well ... maybe after I see Day of the Dead with the wife as she loves those horror flicks (I hate them, but they are good for cuddle time so I can just sit there and stare and the ceiling and pretend I don't hear anything).

:blink:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I was dragging my feet about seeing this one. I had a bad taste in my mouth from the previous (and terrible) Batman movies (except for the first one. Yes, it's bad, but not 'Mister Freeze' bad).

So yes, I loved watching it, and MMmmm.... Ninja armor.

Ninja!

--LSH

The director had everyone watch Bladerunner before they started work on the film - and it really shows.

Indeed. Most evocative city scapes since BladeRunner.

Going again this week. This is the first time I can rember that Batman has ever conveyed any menace or power on screen.

It's a great movie, but will scare kiddies (had a terrified one a couple seats down from me).

Yep. Many scenes are straight horror. Like the scene at the docks, anytime Scarecrow tosses his gas around, the vision of Batman flying over the hallucinating masses (why are criminals so afraid of Batman? Now we know!), etc.

Ninjas!

Ohhhhh so can't wait to see this. The fact that my wife was even willing to come and see it with me makes it all the better. I'm glad it is a good one. It took a lot of wrangling to get her to agree to see it. If it was horrible, I would never stand the chance of getting her to see one of "my" movies again. Although it would be payback for making me see Kate & Leopald.