BATMAN

SaintRigger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would point out that small children or easily frightened people need not go to the movie.

Personally, I grew up on all manner of strange thing, and I'm facinated by special effects. But the first time you see Scarecrow do the voodoo he do, smalls will freak out. I was in the theatre and a child (~8-10) started screaming at that scene.

So fair warning. Your teenager will probably think it's the Bees Knees.

--LSH

My wife just called me at work about an hour ago and asked if I wanted to go see this tonight when I get done! I of course said yes!

NOW I can't wait to see it! Thanks for all the heads ups. (There should be a special section for movie reviews on the boards. I come here all the time before I go see a movie. I usually use someone's review, or numerous reviews, to quote to my wife when she asks me about new releases.)

Thanks

OK. Saw the Batman movie last night. OMG! That was one of the best adaptations of comic book > movie that I have seen. It was dark, gritty, and very well portrayed. It made the other Batman movies look cartoonish at best!

Dr. Crane was creepy, I hated Katie Holmes and I am glad they aren't bringing her back for the sequel. (Christian Bale, Michael Cain, and Morgan Freeman all signed on for it! ::D: ) The hallucinations caused by Scarecrow ROCKED! (Scared the beejeezus out of the Missus!), I thought the Batman mask appeared a bit tight on Mr. Bale's face, it made him look a bit pudgy at times.

Overall this movie was very entertaining. I highly recommend it.

Very good movie.

My only complaints were the fight scenes were hard to follow (but that's typical of every new movie, since quick cuts are in vogue) and the theater I saw it at didn't show the Serenity trailer...

At first, I was kind of annoyed that it wasn't a continuation of the origional movies, but I got over that quick. Now I can't wait for more of this arm of the Batman movies - and I'm not even a Batman fan.

I grew to like the new Batmobile better than the other ones. I thought it was going to be cheasy, but the backstory on it was plausible and makes more sense than the rocketship Batmobiles.

Minor Spoiler...

Of course, since it made the news, shouldn't at least someone be able to figure out were it came from?

I **loved** the overhead shot of Batman standing on the spire of a high-rise building as the sun set behind him. That was just the coolest!!

Excellent casting, great special effects, good script, good acting - wiped the taste of the previous Batman films right out of my brain. ::):

I grew to like the new Batmobile better than the other ones.  I thought it was going to be cheasy, but the backstory on it was plausible and makes more sense than the rocketship Batmobiles. 

I hated the new Batmobile at first as, however, I grew to like the one in the movie. My favorite, however, is the new one in the new Batman cartoon on WB-Kids on Saturday mornings. I like the way they portray the Joker in the new cartoon as well. Very psychotic. I'm interested to see how they do the Joker in the next Batman movie.

And, I have to add, that Christian Bale made an AWESOME Batman. He's got both Bruce Wayne and the Batman personality down pat!

I am a Batman junkie....Ask my husband, he'll vouch!!! :lol:

There is talk and rumor-mongering that people would like Mark Hamill to play the Joker in the next movie.. cause um... he's so darn good at it ;)

I agree! He did an excellent job voicing the Joker in the animated series and Batman Beyond. I could easily see him playing the Joker in the next movies.

:upside:

ooo...tough one to decide on. Steve Buscemi would have that cackling creepiness thing needed, but mark as you guys have said did an excellent job...hmmm...either way it will be interesting. Me<-----Can't wait to see it on sunday and the next movies! :wub:

Oh yeah! What is this Serenity I have been hearing about? I have no clue.