BATMAN

SaintRigger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah! What is this Serenity I have been hearing about? I have no clue.

Serenity is a movie of the cancelled way too soon Firefly TV series. It is the work of Joss Whedon (he of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame). It is a Gritty Sci fi series that reminds me of the early days of the Traveller rpg (the late 70's). It has a strong western theme running in it, with the frontier planets being run much like the amercian west in the late 1800's. And they speak (OK - mostly cuss) in Mandarin Chinese.

I highly recommend you rent the TV series DVD's and watch. If you like good Scifi (B5, not ST or SW), you will really like Firefly. And the movie looks much better than the SW movie was (al least in my opinion).

theyre going to do another movie with the joker?

personally i liked jack... ::D:

Jack did a good job, I agree, but I think he would not work well in the new movies.

Batman is supposed to be a trilogy of movies. I am not sure when the next is due out. However, when you see the movie, you will know why I think Joker will be in the next one. ^_^

I dont think I can wait much longer. I get paid today. I was going to wait until sunday when a couple of my buds didn't have to work but I dunno I might go selfish on this one...my little brother will go with me anyways (i poromised him I would take him and that I would wait to see it first with him :poke: ) I dunno I will think about it :lol:

I dont think I can wait much longer. I get paid today. I was going to wait until sunday when a couple of my buds didn't have to work but I dunno I might go selfish on this one...my little brother will go with me anyways (i poromised him I would take him and that I would wait to see it first with him :poke: ) I dunno I will think about it :lol:

You'll want to see it again anyway, Draonette...

I would point out that small children or easily frightened people need not go to the movie.

--LSH

I've seen both Resident Evil movies :wub I think this Batman movie should be fine by me. Though RE2 was friggin hilarius.

Anyways, what I like from the previews is that it reminds me of Twisted Metal Black, not of the game itself, but of the transition.

TMB, was made to be more human, more real, using characters with mental disorders, rather than fantasy characters, even Minion was just a man dressed as a bull.

This Batman seems to cross that line, making it seem more real, than fantasy.

I saw this last night with my wife. She didn't really enjoy it mcuh, but she's not a huge Batman fan. I on the other hand have always loved the guy since I was a kid.

Religious copulating defecation that movie kicked serious booty.

Blatant lead in for the sequel featuring the Joker, but still....SWEET!!!

I loved the darkness and edge to it. I have to say that it surpassed my love for the 1st one with Michael Keaton. I just hope that in the future movies, people try to get cute or make too many changes because dammit, this was almost perfect as it was.

I couldn't stand Katie Holmes and thought she added almost nothing to the movie other than look, a cute noble hearted DA. That could have been done by anyone and the feigned love interest deal and divulging of the secret identity was just annoying. Katie could have been served by being anyone else, and I would have loved to see it be Harvey Dent - pre Two Face.

The wife and I went and saw it last night and I have to say I think she enjoyed it more than I did the way she kept jumping and laughing. Fantastic movie - great actors overall and personally, I hope to see this particular type of batman movie continue for some time.

BTW - did I hear somewhere that Superman was being remade?

BTW - did I hear somewhere that Superman was being remade?

Yes, Superman is being remade with Brandon Routh (never heard of him) playing the title role. If you are curious, go to www.movies.com and type in Superman Returns in the search bar. Then pick the 2006 movie. I have a subscription to Entertainment Weekly that said this is supposed to occur after the original Superman and Superman II (Superman 3 and 4 would never have occurred). It is being directed by Bryan Singer, who also did the X-Men movies.

Nicholas Cage is currently filming the movie Ghost Rider. You can find that movies at the above website as well. It even has pictures of the character and the motorcyle. Looks pretty cool!

Both movies are due out in 2006.

Religious copulating defecation that movie kicked serious booty.

Damn right! My head was ready to explode before the movie even started because of the Serenity trailer (I've seen it about 20 times before, but only on my computer), and I think it actually exploded once the movie started. I was hooked at the opening title sequence. When I first heard about it, I said "Oh, another Batman movie. I wonder if it'll find new ways to suck." But then I saw some trailers, and read about it here, and decided to give it a shot. I think the director of this one actually read a comic before.

I now consider the first series of movies to be even more crap than before, if that's possible(even though I do still watch the first two sometimes, the first one for Jack, the second for Walken).

The new movie is more about the story than it is about "Hey, let's make another Batmobile so we can sell more toys" type thing. There was also some Dark Knight Returns stuff in it. And Gary Oldman looked just like Jim Gordon.

• Super Administrators
The new movie is more about the story than it is about "Hey, let's make another Batmobile so we can sell more toys" type thing. There was also some Dark Knight Returns stuff in it. And Gary Oldman looked just like Jim Gordon.

I had forgotten who was cast as Gordon for the first couple of scenes. "Who is this guy?! He's just like I imagined Gordon would be." Gary Oldman really knows how to get into a role.

Knowing I won't be seeing this movie again at the theater, I'm already antsy for the DVD. I keep having the sequence with Batman interrogating the crooked cop in the rain bouncing into my head. The intensity of the raw Batman persona is incredible. Bale is another actor who really can wear his role in a movie.

And I want to see it again!

kit