"Land of the Dead"

ugluk69

... pay the theatres outragous pop/beer prices ...

They serve beer in your theaters?!!!?!?!?!

You need to check out the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Bryan. They serve food and beer and sponsor all night (or very late night) "Roadshows" (which is how we got to be part of the Freddy vs Jason World Premier).

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Bryan.  There is a chain of movie theatres here called Chunkies (and a couple of independent ones too) that show first run shows at decent prices.  You sit at a table (you can fit up to 4 at each) in big reclining car seats (from Towncars or Crown Vics).  You get tableside service like a restaurant and can get pitchers of beer, hot wings, full meals, etc.  The prices on the food are not terribly insane, but tend to be a bit more than your average chain restaurant like 99 or Chilis.

Now I know what the afterlife is like :)

• Reaper User

bryan they just opened a theatre here in denton that serves drinks and dinner, cant remember the name off hand it ws the theatre pub or something like that literally opens today.

bryan they just opened a theatre here in denton that serves drinks and dinner, cant remember the name off hand it ws the theatre pub or something like that literally opens today.

pst....Look 2 posts above this original post

I just saw it today, and I liked it. If you can buy the concept of the living dead, I don't see how them gaining some intelligence is that big of a stretch.

Romero's work has always had an element of social commentary/satire in it..it's what differentiates his films from your average Hollywood POS(Piece 'O" S#@t).

We got a Drafthouse here in S.A. It rocks. :B):

I plan on seeing it soon. I like zombies. No beer served in theaters down here in the Land of the Self-Righteous Jackasses, so I have to make do with what I imbibe prior to going and what I manage to sneak in.

We've got a new theatre (well, actually an old one that's been refurbished) as a "dinner" theatre... maybe it has boooze... IIRC, it's the old Plitt/Cinemark on University Dr.

Rgds,