Sign in to follow this  
lostpict

Bandaging a member of your party

:down: So here is another question whose answer is unclear to me from the rules. Assume a model is stunned (i.e. has toughness) and has a cleric in its troop. Can the cleric bandage him during that troop's next action round?

Here is my confusion, the rules seem to indicate that the Toughness survival role happens at the start of the models next action round before the other models get to act (i.e. cast that needed bandage spell). Does the model expire if it fails its Toughness role prior to the Cleric healing it? The world must know. ::D:

I think this was cleared up in the FAQ or erratta. Cleric can bandage, but any other spell casting for that troop has to happen then.

Also, remember casting on a friendly only needs an 8 to work.

Also, remember casting on a friendly only needs an 8 to work.

I think you mean if your cleric has a CP of 6 + 2 for friendly model , you only need a 2+ to work ! ::D:

You only need to roll for tough check during the activation of the stunned model, and sometime before the end of that activation. It is possible to roll for tough after all other models have gone, just to keep your wounded model out of the fray.

If you roll for it after all the other models have engaged in melee, cast their spells, or participated in ranged combat, then that model loses the option to engage in melee, cast a spell, or participate in ranged combat, becuase all actions of one type occur at the same time.

If your caster bandages him, all other spells must occur then, so if the stunned model is a caster, it will not be able to cast this activation.

Crusaders and Nefsokar have a slight advantage here, having more clerics than most, so a cleric form another troop can bandage you and you can get up with all your actions remaining.

Yup, and don't forget bandage has a range. :blink:

I seem to continuously forget about this little feature when one of my solos is down, far away from a leader model, and I don't want to run the risk of it failing a tough check, since Warmaster and 2 #MA are too good to pass up, even on Lurgh and Gurm's last DT.

Since I play Reven, Tough checks are a way of life. This is when having a couple mobile, small groups can be useful because you can Warcry with ANY leader. Urga is one of the better ones for this since he has one of the better Mov rates for Reven leader models, and his MAV and #MA are the worst of your leaders, so you're not really going to be missing his attacks when you sacrifice the attack action for Warcry. He's also the cheapest leader, and not unique. As long as you can get within the 2 inch radius, drop the Warcry, then if that fails, you can still try the Tough checks.

If you happen to have a cleric in your troop, and are trying to get a multi track leader or solo up, get them up, then drop the bandage to bring them to a better DT than their last. Or worst case scenario, you spend the bandage on the guy to get him back on his feet.

Just remember, once the Tough check is made and failed, there is no recovery. So try everything else FIRST. The Toughness check should be a last resort if you can manage it.

Now, if we had leader models with a CP, whether they were casters or not, that would be a nice thing. ^_^

for those of you who are getting a nice note from Bryan's link telling you you can not view the image. All you have to do is log into Reapergames, that will set the session flag for you and then you can follow Bryan's helpful teaser link.

Mad Pat

Helpful coding squirrel

Holy crap on a stick!!! :blink:

Move over Varaug and Yagun Oog, there's some GRRRRRRRRRL power moving on in.

Kikiara looks to be one bad mutha...shut yo mouth.

And Greka, wow, she's just drop dead scary.

Okay, old orcs are gone. Lesser orc leaders and Kikiara are coming to roost.

SQUEEEEE! I got my new Reven all coming in the mail... and can't wait to get her on the field in official games!

Did I forget to squee?

Oh well... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE again!!

Oh my god!

The woman is going to be the centre of my Reven army without a doubt. Cleric 3/10, Mob/5 and Empowered!

She'll probably spend all her time warcrying (needing anything but a 1 to fail!), and she is going to be a premium target, but with that empowered and tough/3 she is going to be difficult to mob and take down.

ANd Greka too, I thought that as a witch she might be a cleric and a mage, I just had no idea that she would be that higher a caster for each. Plus a RAV with a range of 24. She'll be tough to use as a solitaire, but I think she could be really effective.

All of you Reven players might want to check out the Reven Gallery over at Reapermini.com

Looks like Bryan's been busy

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that poor Varaug and Ombur will be green(er) with jealousy when she arrives?

I mean..you all have seen the model, right? NOT your big-brother's cleric here! She's way hotter than Ombur..and Varaug won't take the news that he has competition very well.... unless he's thinking about a clan-merger of convenience..though I bet she's a liberated she-orc and will want to keep her own last-name.

..and before you all ask..NO the Reaper-Peeps politely declined my offer to help chrome out the Reven universe. I can't imagine why. ::D:

unless he's thinking about a clan-merger of convenience..though I bet she's a liberated she-orc and will want to keep her own last-name

Oddly, yes. This did come up in conversation between the two once.

Kiakara said no, and Varaug, oddly, did not Kill her for her impertinence. The two have some shared goals however, but Kiakara's love belongs to someone else . . . :down:

Ain't love tragic?