Cav character pack?

So it appears that there is a green of Dana Murphy in 72mm over on the greens page. While this is great, and all, the only use I'd have for a 72mm Dana is as a giantess in a scifi game.

What I really want to see is a CAV Personality Pack, at 10mm, so I can use them as ejected pilots. I'd like a few of each race, plus the major named personalities (Dana Murphy, Nick Kolinsky, Jess Battson), so that when I use the ejected-crew optional rules, we actually have named people out on the field for the CAVs to step on.

Who's with me?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

72mm is only about 3 inches tall. You can use her. barely.
For CAV?  Sure, if you don't mind people walking around that are as tall as most of the 30' CAVs.

Frosch, I just don't think that individual 10mm characters are worth it.  First, they'd be so small that you could hardly tell who they were.  Secondly, they'd be worthless in a game b/c they'd die so quickly.  Who'd want to bring an important character out onto a game table when he's only got 2DT?  1 if he's an ejected pilot!

For CAV?  Sure, if you don't mind people walking around that are as tall as most of the 30' CAVs.

Frosch, I just don't think that individual 10mm characters are worth it.  First, they'd be so small that you could hardly tell who they were.  Secondly, they'd be worthless in a game b/c they'd die so quickly.  Who'd want to bring an important character out onto a game table when he's only got 2DT?  1 if he's an ejected pilot!

scenarios?

Possibly but why waste the time/money painting, buying, scultping or moulding such a figure?

Now a command set in 1/60th would rock.. sorry Frosch, got my scales mixed up a little at first. Although command style crunchies and squishies would rock.

Personally I think race or character-specific CAV infantry will make more sense after the 28mm infantry game comes out, to give us some cross-game figure compatability.  I don't think it's that hard to make character-specific models in CAV scale, even Epic had these, and that's 5mm.

I always perfur to see new models with flavour every month, rather than a new "bestest most powerful" model each month.  So as long as we don't get a General Drake figure lifting a Rhino above his head I'll be happy. :D

Da*mn Jeff, don't you ever sleep?  We were playing CAV last night late at the Con... HE ACTUALLY WON A GAME   :D

He sucks with Rhinos though, he took 5 points and suppressed in the first round  hahaha

Fun demos & games, and met some new people... it is all good.

72mm is only about 3 inches tall. You can use her. barely.

*Kicks his heathen machine*

No, I ment for scifi RPGs and such.

If she's too tall, create a Genetically-Altered race of big people. Won't they be cheaper than a powerloader?

--lstormhammer, and his heathen computational machine.

How about squishies with GP-11 assault rifles, two per base? Afterall, that's what they are.

I will probably end up painting my downed crews differently, to simulate the difference between a CAV crewman's uniform and an infantryman's BDU's....