Popup Ads On Ebay

Kheprera

I don't go to ebay much anymore, and am at the point where I'm wanting to stop altogether. I love Ebay and get a ton of great stuff from there, but I'm sick of the popup ads. Lately, it's been worse. I've had to run Spybot five times in the past three days just because of the spyware that has loaded on my machine from Ebay.

Has anyone else had this problem?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have that kind of problem. So I don't think it's ebay or even your browser settings. If it was either of those then I would see lots of "popup blocked" messages when I browse ebay.

What spyware removal tool(s) do you use? Is your antivirus up to date?

I use Spybot (downloaded the most current version today). Antivirus, I'm not sure how up to date it is. I don't download much stuff, mostly just posting and whatnot, and my email is carefully controlled.

Generally, you need more than one spyware removal program to catch it all. I think that if you combine spybot with Add Aware that will be an effective combination.

To check your virus defintions, you can usually go to your AV software, and it will tell you exactly when you last got updated virus definitions.

Well, I'm not sure what to tell you, but this behavior sounds like classic spyware to me. You need to be very careful, because this thing could be reporting keystrokes (i.e. usernames/passwords) for all you know.

Good luck.

The few times I've browsed Ebay I have never seen pop-ups. I use either Netscape or Firefox. I run BOTH Ad-Aware and Spybot. I also have a firewall.

This is not an Ebay issue Ary, but rather something has made it's way into your computer. If you cannot find it or get it off, I would get your Husband to look at it seeing he is a Computer guru. He might be able to get the blasted spyware off there using other techniques.

If you leave the spyware there you might start getting pop-ups on other sites after a time.

I use Spybot (downloaded the most current version today). Antivirus, I'm not sure how up to date it is. I don't download much stuff, mostly just posting and whatnot, and my email is carefully controlled.

You use Spybot.. you should also use Ad-Aware as well in conjunction with Spybot.. they both catch things the other does not for some reason. It can still easily be spyware that Spybot is not catching. Good luck!!