Loryn Elf fighter Mage

Vikinglodge

The first I just finished the other one a few months back. I thought it would be fun to poat both. I made the first one with a bolder stronger pattern I felt it looked better specially looking at the mini in person.

Well I am of to do my morning run to work of what the bagels and Coffe put on me.

Lorynv2.jpg

Loryn.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt, my favorite painting of this mini. I love the orange and black, I didn't know those two colors went together so well.

Orange, yellow, and black are the Halloween triad.

very nicely done VL!!

love the rune pattern on the cloak, & I'm not into designs on cloaks that much, also love that shield really stands out even with the cloak on top of it.

Randy M

Great stuff! Nice blends on the inside of the cloak.

I have a question about that if you don't mind... (this may be better in a different forum, but I'll post here since it's applicable)

Since having started reading these boards not too long ago, I am starting to try to thin my paints and do blends. When you blend, do you wait for the bottom layer of paint to dry before adding the hightlight blend? or do you paint the basecoat and blend in the highlight while the base is still wet?

I was trying to wet-blend some red and orange over a base of red/brown with mixed results. The colors seemed to come out muted then dry with barely noticable highlights. Hours of work with not much to show.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Lemmy The way I Highlight and blend in colors is by letting each layer dry well.

I thin my paints and how much depending on the effect i want more extender and flowimprover into the paint you are working with the smoother the highlight will go on and it will also be less strong so sometimes several layers can be required for a stronger color.

I will use less ammount of thinner into the paint to keep a stronger pigment ammount for top highlights. Then to make it meld into the area and appear less harch I take the next level og highlight use slightly more extender and highlight next to the sharp highlight kinda mending the seem as such.

I hope I make sense it can be tuff to write down

Very nice! I really like the red trim and the silver armor... been trying to do a NMM on chainmail... think I'm just gonna go back and do silver like you did.... or is that NMM? I love the tabard, with the designs... very nice.. great touch. I'm not too sure about the shading on the face though? Maybe it's the photo, but the nose looks too white. Great eyes.

I have alot of MSP and a handfull of important Liquitex tube paints, a few cant do without GW paints like Elf flesh and bestail brown and Snakebite leather. I have a few Vallejo game colors but would like some more Vallejo cant afford it right now tho.

The chainmail on this is NMM

Hey Lemmy The way I Highlight and blend in colors is by letting each layer dry well.

,...snip...>

I hope I make sense it can be tuff to write down

VL, Thanks for 'splaining how you work the blends. I think I get what yer saying. I'll give it a try and hopefully have something to post soon.