Assists In Melee

Recently we had a game that end up with a melee mess in the middle of the table , lots of different troops from different factions in b2b and none dead because we couldn't roll better than a "2". :down:

Here is a Rough example of the situation and can someone explain or clarify the problem - we rule that everyone assisted <_<

CRC

RC

RC

C= crusader model , R = Reven model

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only friendly models in valid front side base to base contact (i.e. not rear side) give support for a model.

So, let's go with this:

[C1][R1][C2]

[R2][C3]

[R3][C4]

To make things simpler, we'll say [R1]'s rear side is facing upwards, [R2] and [R3] rear sides are facing to the left, and [C3] and [C4] are to the right (in a nutshell, no-one's rear side is in base to base contact with an enemy).

If the Crusader attacks first here's what the breakdown would look like:

[C1], [C2], or [C3] vs [R1]: [C1], [C2], and [C3] are both in valid front-side base to base contact with [R1], so any of the three would gain +2 MAV support bonus.

[C1] vs [R2] or [C3] vs [R2]: [C1] and [C3] are in valid front-side base to base contact with [R2], so either would gain +1 MAV support bonus.

[C4] vs [R3]: [C4] has no friendlies in base to base contact with [R3] and would gain no support bonus.

Now let's go from the supposition the Reven were attacking:

[R1] vs [C2] or [R3] vs [C4]: No friendlies in base to base contact with either Crusader model, so no support bonus.

[R1] vs [C1], [R1] vs [C3], [R2] vs [C1], or [R2] vs [C3]: Versus these two Crusader models [R1] and [R2] would support each other, so in either of those pairings the Reven models would gain +1 MAV support bonus.

Remember, all of this assumes nobody's rear arc was in contact with an enemy model. If the enemy model is in the rear arc of a friendly model the friendly model will not be able to lend the support bonus.

In the case of multiple players in a melee, the controller of a model can choose to either support or not support an opposing player's attack, given that all the other conditions have been met.

Does this clarify things for you? ::D:

So a model can lend support so long as it doesn't have an enemy attacking its rear side?

A model can still support while there is an enemy in it's rear arc. It just can't support an attack against a model in it's rear arc.

Goldeneagle, are you a lawyer? Since I am an engineer, I was able to understand what you are saying but it seemed almost a little like legalese to me. :lol:

"The party of the first part is hereforth referred to as the party of the eighteenth part with respect to the part of the second part." Huh? ::P:

Wild Bill :blues:

Goldeneagle, are you a lawyer? Since I am an engineer, I was able to understand what you are saying but it seemed almost a little like legalese to me.    :lol:

Careful, 'round these parts thems could be fightin' words ::):.

My falootinspeak comes from a few years of Engineering in college, years of writing, and spending five years in military communications where if you didn't make things sound fancy enough the higher-ups would think you hadn't done your homework ::):.

You should do a search on the boards for my Deathseeker Disclaimer.