Purple Knight

LordColdsteal

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good looking paintjob. The purple goes well with the yellowy gold. I always forget to look at these Templar style Knights for inspiration when working on my own Black Templars. I spent like 5 hours converting a squad and now, after I'm done I see something else I could have added. Oh well, there's still 3 more squads of 10 to go, lots more chances lol.

The sheild and the tabard are outstanding! The sheild is my most favorite! ::D:

One thing- and it's minor- his shoulder pad thingies don't really look integrated from the back view. They look almost too bright in comparison to the cream cross on his sheild. They look awesome from the side angle (where I can see they're darker underneath).

Everything else looks great!

Question- do you drybrush your chainmail? Or glaze? It looks really good and I like the subtle shading on it.

~Jenna

I did a lot of glazing on the chain mail... A LOT... and it didn't seem to be working very well. After I had brought it up to where I thought it should be, I then did a black wash on it and touched up the highlights with white... not really drybrushing (that's all I used to do)... just more painint the high edges. I am really happy with how the chain came out. I didn't think I could do it, and feel great about how it looks (NMM). The shoulder pads... yeah.... they need more work... just not too sure where to go with them. I might darken them up a bit... or try and make them gold... what do you think?

I didn't see this piccie until now - July was bad for me? Anyway... next time yer in Denton, lemme show you a way to straighten out swords/polearms... learned it quite a few years back when cabling a network...

-and- nice lil' bucket head mini thar! (While some don't like bucket heads, I do - they're historically akkerate!)

I didn't see this piccie until now - July was bad for me? Anyway... next time yer in Denton, lemme show you a way to straighten out swords/polearms... learned it quite a few years back when cabling a network...

-and- nice lil' bucket head mini thar! (While some don't like bucket heads, I do - they're historically akkerate!)

How do you straighten them out? Give us a mini tutorial!