Venting some frustration

FuzzyIzmit

I am having the hardest time finding a veil for my wedding dress...but I know exactly what I want, and have seen it, but I cannot find it on-line anywhere!!!! If anyone knows where I can find a single teer veil with red pipping/ribbon edging, please let me know. ARG! :angry:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best bet is probably going to be having someone make it for you - red isn't a typical color for modern US weddings, unless it happens to be this year's trend, of course, so I'm not terribly surprised you can't find anything.

My wedding dress was royal blue, and about the only blue pre-made flowers and other bits and pieces I could find were pale blue, so I understand where you're coming from.

I see in your .sig that you're in the SCA. You may have to go outside your group, but there should be a Laurel open to bribery or someone else who'd be up to it around.

No, red isnt very common, but I am having my "dress" custom done. I am having a fully steel boned red Victorian style corset with a three inch waist reduction and two sepreate skirts (both white), one for the ceremony and one "for getting down"....and I am going to be wearing knee high boots with 2 inch platforms and 5 inch heels :poke:

So, no, it is not trendy....but this is the dress I have wanted for the last three years, and no one, not even my mom <_< , is going to change my mind!

Have you thought of looking at costume stores or theatre departments. Where it is not a typical wedding color scheme, you may have better luck finding it in one of these locations.

If the dress is being custom made, could you talk to your dress maker and give her a sketch (since we know you have excellent drawing skills, this shouldn't be a problem) of what you want the veil to look like and have him/her make it for you?

Good luck with the rest of your planning Fuzzy. Just relax and try not to stress over every detail. Have fun. The most important thing is that you and your fiancee will be up there saying your vows and acknowledging your love for each other. Everything else is just pretty decoration and ceremony.