For you coffee junkies out there

Qwyksilver

1. Java Drops - From your local Trader Joes. Coffee hard candy that actually tastes like real coffee. None of that faux coffee flavor that tastes like bad artificial maple syrup. The good stuff. Each drop has 3 mg of caffeine to boot.

2. Starbucks Coffee Liquer. I happened to stumble on this at the NH State Liquor Store - Please drive responsibily, we just but HUGE bright red, well advertised liquor stores as rest stops on our highways. Anyways. I had some while camping this past weekend. Holy crap this is absolutely amazing, yummy stuff. It's the first coffee liquer I've had that tasted more of coffee than it did the liquor, which considering it was 20% by content like most liquers, is pretty good. In front of a roaring campfire wth some marshmallows (S'MORES!!!) and some of this in a mug of cocoa was very beautiful.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm far more partial to my Nissan vaccum insulated travel mug if I need something hot and portable.

Besides, it's summer, I can heat water to 140 degrees by leaving a Nalgene bottle on the front seat of my truck and parking it for about 30 minutes in direct sunlight. Bring along the Lexan shatterproof French Press and I am good to go ::D:

It just so happens that I still have a bit of the bottle of Starbuck's liqueur left over from when Kellinator first turned me on to the stuff.

It also just happens that I have half a gallon of lovely vanilla bean ice cream in my freezer.

I'll give y'all three wild guesses what's for dessert tonight, kiddies. ::D:

Yep... wakey-shakey milqueshakes!

BTW for those of you caffeine addicts who have seen those Jolt tablets.. DON'T waste your money. They are soooooo nassssssssssssssty! *gag*

I'm far more partial to my Nissan vaccum insulated travel mug if I need something hot and portable. 

Besides, it's summer, I can heat water to 140 degrees by leaving a Nalgene bottle on the front seat of my truck and parking it for about 30 minutes in direct sunlight.  Bring along the Lexan shatterproof French Press and I am good to go  ::D:

Oooh.. Sun-Coffee!!! Where can I score a shatterproof French press though? I have a Bodum, but it's definately not shatterproof.

I got mine at Cadillac Mtn Sports just outside of Mount Desert Island at a sporting goods store. It's made from Lexan and is designed for camping. It was made by GSI Outdoors. It called the "JavaPress." I have the 33 oz version.

REI has it for sale for $19.99

I think I paid this much for mine, maybe a few bucks more since it was a smaller mom and pop outdoor store.

More linkage to the GSI homepage: GSI Outdoors

Oh thanks. I have a smaller Starbuck's press in a plastic sippie-mug, but it's smaller.. I mean way-smaller.. I mean it's a just-enough-coffee-to-make-me-wish-I-had-more-coffee type serving size.

Hehe..who all here remembers those Lipton Sun-Tea commercials. There was a special teabag you could get, and of course the special sun-tea brewer (plastic jug with words 'sun tea' painted on)

I was going to be a zillionaire. I was going to market a product called "Sun Fried Eggs" here in the Deep South. You get two eggs and a chunk of Georgia asphalt and instructions to wait until mid-July for best cooking conditions.

I have seen the Starbucks Liquer in the stores, but have been hesitant to try it. For one thing, I hate starbucks coffee. For real, good coffee. Check out Peet's Coffee.

I'll give it a chance, and if I like it, then I'll have something to make Black Russians with once again. The Evil Empire is dead, and we have their booze...

--LSH

BTW for those of you caffeine addicts who have seen those Jolt tablets.. DON'T waste your money. They are soooooo nassssssssssssssty! *gag*

The gum is rather tasty, when I can actually find it.

Besides, it's Jolt. Anyone who says they drink it for the taste has obvious problems.

I wouldn't mind if Starbucks dropped their prices on most of their products, they tend to be a bit expensive here, but I can't complain too much about their coffee (taste wise). They treat their employees quite well too, even if they are appearing literally on every corner. It kills me to drop 5 bucks for a cup of coffee. But it is damn good. Hmmm Quad Venti Vanilla Lattes.

If their coffee was less expensive, I would buy their beans. Fortunately for me, there are Trader Joes nearby, so I get my beans there. Gooooooood coffee. Much less expensive.