Reaper Miniature Carrying Case

It's handy, but not as good as it should be. It just doesn't live up to Reapers standards. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it.

:devil:

Oh! Whoops - I thought people were talking about the miniatures carrying case in that respect! :blink:

Misunderstanding. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Tommy. ^_^

It's handy, but not as good as it should be. It just doesn't live up to Reapers standards. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it.

:devil:

Oh! Whoops - I thought people were talking about the miniatures carrying case in that respect! :blink:

Misunderstanding. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Tommy. ^_^

Ah, the Reaper Carry Case. I had a love/hate relationship with mine. I LOVE the design of the case. Being able to unzip it down the sides makes this case the best on the market. I LOVE the soft foam. I prefer it to the firmer foam of other manufacturers.

I HATE the glue that holds the foam to the foam base. It is cheap and useless. In pulling out the little perforated sections, the walls of the foam holder easily pulled off of the base.

So I grabbed up a handful of the little foam pieces and hti the glue lab. I tested about 8 different types of glue on them, and finally found that some craft wood glue worked great. So I reglued the foam walls to their bases with the craft wood glue, and now I love my case again. :lol:

To anyone pondering the same move, PLEASE test your glues on the little pieces first. I had many types of glues either eat the foam, or cause ugly discoloration and hardnening.

Would you care to share the brand of glue you used Gus? I found I have the same problem, and my top tray has almost come completely off it's base.

Being able to buy some replacement or extra trays would be sweet, but since that is not currently an option, repairs will be the order of the day.

Several years ago one company used wood glue for their trays - problem being it's a very hard glue and scratches paint off easily (but works fine for gluing down the walls since that's permanent and won't come in contact with the miniatures). Since then they've moved to a softer glue (which I'm assuming is similar to Reaper's) - making it more difficult to not seperate foam from bottom - but keeping the miniatures from being scratched up.

Individual trays are coming (soon?)

Would you care to share the brand of glue you used Gus?  I found I have the same problem, and my top tray has almost come completely off it's base.

Being able to buy some replacement or extra trays would be sweet, but since that is not currently an option, repairs will be the order of the day.

I will post it this afternoon when I get home. I got it at Micheals, so it should be easy to find. ^_^

Replacement trays are coming, but they would have the same problem, so I don't see how they would help. Replacement trays are due for an August release, and will be available in 4 different sizes, instead of just the 2" variety. ^_^

Well, having the replacement trays, and knowing how to make sure they are cemented down properly from the get go, will allow me not have a tray fall apart when I lift it out of the case and dump some figures on the floor, or have some of the familiars getting lost, caught under the walls.

Also, having more trays means I will not have to overload the trays and have the extra weight of the metal add further strain to the adhesives. It means all my Reven elbows may not have to bump into each other as much ::D:

I wonder if hot glue, on a low heat setting would melt the foam. Will have to experiment with that when I get home with some of the left over foam I have kicking around.

I'm definitely looking forward to some 3" + trays so some of my models can stand upright and not lay at funny angles.

the one thing I hated about my Army Transport case was the shoulder strap, ate my shoulder (& I'm not a lightwieght in the shoulder areas) raw due to the tiny width of the strap.

Also the foam on the trays was a bugger to pull out when I got next to one side, it was like they didn't cut those out.

but overall I do like my case, held everything I needed for ReaperCon this year, now after rcon ( I needed a swag tote bag, :lol: )

I might try the reaper mini case thou, just to see how it feels, as I did like the look of it.

besides I'm a reaperfanboy soooo ::D:

Randy M

...I wonder if hot glue, on a low heat setting would melt the foam. Will have to experiment with that when I get home with some of the left over foam I have kicking around...

I've used a low temperature glue gun on the trays for the BattleHive cases, so it should work fine on these (but testing is still a good idea as YMMV)

Would you care to share the brand of glue you used Gus?

Wow, I suck in the 'timely response' department, eh? :down:

Anyhoo, the glue I used with great success is Aleene's Original Tacky Glue, which can be found here:

http://www.duncancrafts.com/products/produ...sp?ID=51&SID=12

Has anyone tried Aleene's Foamtastic glue?

http://www.duncancrafts.com/products/produ...sp?ID=40&SID=12

Sounds promising!