Sign in to follow this  
Nanite

Sci-Fi Friday

Anyone else here watch this block?

My interest in the Stargates ebbs and flows, but now with Ben Browder AND Claudia Black, and Claudia black wearing that? I'm in. Plus it looked like the cast was having a great time, so I give a thumbs up to the stargate reboot.

Not sure about Stargate:Atlantis yet, I liked most of the first season, but the villans are weak, and the series still seems to be finding its legs.

Battlestar Galactica? I just love this show, only complaint is the new shortened opening credits.

Love that Friday night block!!!

My wife and I currently argue over Red Sox vs BS:G

Fortunately, most of the games are nearly over by 10PM.

Anyone else here watch this block?

My interest in the Stargates ebbs and flows, but now with Ben Browder AND Claudia Black, and Claudia black wearing that? I'm in. Plus it looked like the cast was having a great time, so I give a thumbs up to the stargate reboot.

Hold the phone. Ben and Claudia are now in Stargate? Or has Sci-Fi brought back Farscape? I have pretty much given up watching the Sci-Fi channel when they took away Farscape. Loved that show, hated Stargate:SG1. I think I saw one episode of BSG and actually think it is kind of interesting.

Oh, crap!!! I completely forgot about it this weekend. Are the still doing a rerun on Mondays? (Hope, hope.) I only really care about SG:1 and Atlantis. Galactica makes me want to vomit.

You're not missing much if you don't catch the first SG:1 it's all about re-introducing the new guy and gal except for the final bit.

Look for more exploration of mythology and legends with the Ancients.

I wonder if they'll do a Beowulf/Grendel story arc.

Atlantis was very cool. Definitely see that one.

Look for more exploration of mythology and legends with the Ancients.

Good. That's what attracted me to the series to begin with.

Actually remembered to watch. Evreyone in my house likes the shows. I was a bit confused by the Battlestar Galactica episode, since I missed the last one of first season.

I cannot say enough how much Battlestar Galactica rocks.

And what's up with Lt. Ford on Atlantis? Good new plotlines.

I'm sad to see Col. O'Neill leave SG1, but Beau Bridges is an adequate replacement.

I am kind of saddened by the shows turn of events.. Col O'neil is the one thing that really made the show for me on SG:1.. that and the other cast members.. I hope it does not last to be honest. Richard Dean Anderson is cool! Now for the otehr two shows.. SG: atlantis. I think is a awesome show as well.. yes at times it is rather slow and such.. but this new twist with ford.. wow!! BSG.. I think the show can be a bit thick with phiosiphy at times.. not to bad :)

I always TIVO them all though and will continue to do so... along with my other friday night favorite.. Monk!!!

Go Sci-Fi friday.. and monk hehehe

I'm rather happy that Sci-Fi has brought itself around from the channel that pandered to undersexed and hormonally crazed fanboys to actually having some decent programming on. "What? Girls like sci-fi, and they get tired of the constant objectification of their gender?"

Yes.. and there are only so many "Attack of the giant mutated critter" movies we can stomach. They are fun and campy for the drive in - but if you try to make them serious, you are going to lose every time. Case in point "Shark Attack 3: Megalodon" Anyone who has seen the not edited for television verion of this movie knows not only how BAD it is, but also is now aware of the absolute worst pickup line in movie history.

But back on topic.... YES! I find myself watching SG1 and SG Atlantis more and more, and I haven't delived into BSG - yet.. because I want to rent the first series and watch it from the beginning. Sci-fi having an emmy nominated show? They've come along way.

Adding MAster Blasters and picking up Firefly, with the possibility of new shows? I might just start watching it again :)

On a totally unrelated note - I miss "Amazing Stories". My favorites were the story about the bomber crew who lose their landing gear and the school teacher (played by Christopher Lloyd) who gets killed by voodoo. :)

Watch sci-fi every friday and most mondays for an SG-1 fix (last night was an exception, Yankess were on ESPN...they're in first now!). Kinda mixed feelings on SG-1...see how it goes with the new-ish lineup. Atlantis is good, first episode was a little far-fetched/hokey with the plot and how everything worked out, see how it goes for the remainder of the season. Galactica had a good first season, first show seemed like a warm-up episode, nothing really major happened. All in all I'll watch them all season most likely.

Adding MAster Blasters and picking up Firefly, with the possibility of new shows? I might just start watching it again :)

You mean Sci-Fi picked up Firefly re-runs, or are they making new episodes? If so, is Joss Whedon still at the helm?

Definately Re-runs and 3 that wern't ever aired before. I believe the option for new episode may be there - and it will probably be dependant on how the Movie does in the theater. Other than that, I don't know.

You'd probably get the best official info here :

http://www.fireflyers.net/

My guess is they are going to show Firefly like it was supposed to be originally aired, in the proper sequence, and they will show the episode(s?) that didn't make it to TV.

I have the DVD's from a friend, so I am happy ::D:

I wouldn't be surprised if SciFi somehow has money involved in Serenity, and this is their way of ensuring more of a global audience for the movie. It would be sweet if the movie spun off from where the original series ended, and then new episodes picked up from where the movie ended. That would be brilliant planning, but it's TV, so I doubt they would do something that smart...

And Zin Zig...yeah, I know. Sox lost to freakin Tampa!?!? :blink:

They've been playing like crap since the All Star break and even before. They are lucky they have held on to 1st for as long as they have. Both Baltimore and Boston are only a 1/2 back now.

Least late summer should be interesting. Unfortunately I doubt a team from teh East will make it in as the Wild Card this year. ^_^

...and picking up Firefly, with the possibility of new shows?...

Really?

Truly?

**KER-BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!**

(That was the sound of Unglef's head exploding from too much happiness.)