Profile Yourself...

smokingwreckage

Let's make marketting easier for Reaper. Why do YOU play the faction you do? Pop-psychology analysis optional but encouraged.

I'm collecting Reptus and some of those cool wolf-men. This is because I am a farmhand, of course. ALL farmhands dream of brutally smashing their opponents in a whirlwind of raw violence- although not as passionately as teachers.

Also, it's so much easier to completely screw up with a few big expensive figures than it is with legions of grunts, and screwing up on the tabletop battlefield is my speciality. When I actually get around to PLAYING Warlord, or anything else, sometime in the year 2300, I don't want to have to mess around experimenting with new ways to get my bum handed to me on a plate. I'm hoping buying purely for coolness and deploying purely for heroic charges will work as well as ever!

What about YOU?? :rock:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm necropolis cause I like hoards of skeletons. What we lack in strength we make up for in sheer bulk. Crunch all you want, we'll make more.

I also have a soft spot for the Nefsokar and I'm working on a barbarian hoard using generic stats.

For CAV - it's pirate all the way, but I like the Ritterlich tank & infantry philosophy quite a bit (since it was tanks and grunts that got me into CAV in the first place)

When I decided to start playing CAV, I had no knowledge of any of the factions or anything. (BTW, you should put more fluff on the web)

So, I opened two browsers, one with the datacards and one pointing at the Reaper store. I wrote down the name of every model that made me say 'Wow, cool!'. The army with the coolest models won.

I sort of assumed that the rules would work themselves out in the end.

Hob

I really should find my way to a copy of Warlord so I can get involved in another game so my wife can kill me....also cause I would love to read the fluff available so far.

As for CAV....I chose to serve Malvernis and spread the word of Khardullis before I had finished the first section of Malvernis fluff...I think it was just my calling.....CONVERT OR DIE....or something like that. :devil::ph34r:

BTW, you should put more fluff on the web.

Its not really fluff, but www.mil-net.net should keep you busy for a few months.

I'll be playing Ritterlich in CAV 2, mostly b/c they kick butt with grace and style. OK, being able to field multiple Mastodons in a single army helped too! :poke:

For Warlord, I played Elves b/c I always play half-Elves in D&D related stuff. Not sure why, b/c I hate the nature/touchy feely brush they're generally painted with, prefering the straight forward leathality that they were given in LotRs and the evil twist they have in the Warlord ccg. So of course the Deathseekers are my fave!

Does it say something bad about me that both of my choosen factions consider the other factions in their game worlds as clueless? :lol:

It's the minis that grab me, and good character and story that sustains me. Wreckage, i share your tactical aptitude, so i m used to the agony of the feet. the system matters little. i want blood and toil, and to imagine lots of it.

i play Warlord 'cause my Buddy Ugluk69 decided to drag into it. he is a fanatic wargamer, and has no qualms wasting loads of time with buying and painting little lead or pewtre or ralladium mini's. i was trying to get a novel written, but man, friends just can't be ignored.

i would play LOTR SBG and Historicals almost exclusively were it not for the GW satanic prices and their sheety game system, and the unpopularity of historicals. (BTW, i just came up with a better one, finally.) (that, and they -GW- have actively tried to kill off other companies in the past. what holes!)

let Warlord and CAV have beauty and character, and they will have a piece of me. let them be typical of gaming, and then they will be a speedbump in my life. as honest and simple as that.

also, experienced Warlords and chartacers in the future would be nice... like an older Gerard or a morphed Witch Queen or a Grand-Warlord Vaurag....

concetrate on makign great sculpts

good sculpts sell, bad ones i wretch at, the rest i ignore.

Reaper, please...

make a good sci fi game that applies to the above. try to unseat 40k by being different and better. it can be done. one day, one of us will do it.

More L5R models will pull me in. :ph34r: like ninja lords or so. new L5R models will be cool, but the contract may prohibit.

what else could i say?...err, lots, in unco-ordinated yammering.

Well I picked Reven cause I like Orcs. I play orcs (orks) in 40k, in LOTR, in D&D I always like to play half orc assassins. In one Warhammer campaign we all played black orcs (during that campaign we came up the the "we meet, we beat...we eat" chant and that is exactly what we did to any elves we happened upon). If the shadowrun universe were to come true I would be an orc (and my wife a dwarf...ha ha cause she is a hot headed midget and I hope she never reads this).

As for my second army I am torn cause I like em all. I look at the dwarves, reptus, darkspawn etc and my mind starts coming up with paint schemes. I am very impulsive, just ask Matsumoto or Yukimura however my counsler, Dr. Qwyk, is helping me with my figmentia disorder (I have a primer perscription from him).

Well I'm off to look at the dwarf gallery, no the dark spawn, orrrrr maybe reptus.....argh so many minis so little money :wacko:

if shadowrun ever came true...dude, that'd make a cool post topic!

i played malvernis (DHA) cause i was an evil human and so were they.

i'm playing Crusaders cause my friends tell me it fits me. fits me? wouldn't that be Overlords?

well, i guess a bunch of lost heroes who like to get stuck in the mix might fit. or maybe they speak of my religious alignment (like it friggin' shows!!!)

mercs and reptus have beautiful models. too much fun with acrylics...

I bought a ton of cav stuff before it got "factionalized" so I am pretty much playing them all. Rach are my favorite though. I like thier misunderstood philosophy. Theyre a nice bunch of guys and gals who wont tolerate any ones gak, (and can back it up with thier fists).

I tend to like the Grundor House and Mitso Ta models the most though.

For warlord (though I havent started collecting) its going to be the overlords. Theres nothing like unquestionable authority and I am all about that. I find them appealing because their run of the mill models are tougher/stronger than most. They have some cheap cannon fodder too.

I also want to collect some lizards because I think they would be fun to paint. The Reven look good too.

As ive said, i play Elves because i like Elves - the Wisdom and Serenity, the Martial Skill Honed for Centuries - its very reminiscent of certain aspects of Samurai culture, but thats not why i like it - these things draw at me at heart, and i cant help but be attracted.

I like Peace. I like Contentment. And i like fighting with an army of Graceful Kensei.

If i played any other army in Warlord, it would probably be either the Necropolis (because some of their models are cool - and i like spectral wraiths and skeleton scarecrows), or the Nefsokar because of the ancient-culture-come-back-for-vengeance plot (very like the Necrons from 40k, who i thought were cool as hell when they came out).

I prefer the dwarves... well because I like short angry women :wub: Not to mention their tactics evolve around teamwork (trencher + Reach).

For CAV I'm a merc... not because of the advantage of using anyway model I want. Oddly I'm still using mostly Terran models with a few of the Rach's thrown in for color. (Actually I think I did this mostly due to CAV 1 fluff). But anyhow my love for mercs was born back when I was playing CBT (before the coming of the clans). And the whole romantic image of mercs holds a great appeal for me.

OK I am going to let everybody in on a horrible embarrassing secret. I picked reptus BECAUSE I HAD TOO. I went to go play this game at the store with my dad and some of his friends, and decided it was great. However, When i sat down to pick an army most of them were taken. We already had dwarves, elves, necros, reven, and darkspawn. I wasn't going to play crusaders because they sound and look kind of like space marines and i already have those. I didn't especially care for the overlords at the time ( I'm not sure why, they are pretty cool ) and last but not least I don't care for the egyptian undead theme, and that rules out nefsokar. What's left you ask, THE REPTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I just got really lucky and happened to get stuck with the coolest faction in the game!!!!! Grrrrr, that's what we reptus say!!!! Reptus don't get no love, we don't need any!!!!!!!

MY REPTUS MY REPTUS

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Moosey the monster lives on thanks to you...........too funny!!! :lol::lol: Well reptus are very cool...almost as cool as an orc with athletes foot and an ulcer. :lol: But they seem to be a good fit for you, however you would be an excellent orc and you have a standing invitation to join the reven. Some cold blood might do us some good!! :B):