spiritual_exorcist

Fall 2005 Reaper Mini Exchange

Got my assignment and as a newbie, I will pick something that interests me and paint it up since I haven't seen any posts from my victim :wow:. I am happy to receive any fantasy fig. from the person that drew my name.

Assignment in hand, I am now off to find the perfect mini to paint.

(Well I do have to work a full day. Sometime this week I promise.)

:blues: I'm on a mission ...

I was given a vague idea on what my partner wanted from spiritual_exorcist, and was able to go through some posts and come up with some likely prospects. Since I wasn't sure, I bought several different figs, and I am going to pick the one I am most exited about painting.

I just keep a lot of the extra minis in a desk drawer.

What she can't see, can't hurt me. :poke:

Though as long as I don't go crazy and drop $200 a pop, I'm pretty good.

I keep my purchases to less than $20 or so at a time, with the odd dragon or box set a couple times a year. That, coupled with the fact that I have hundreds or thousands of unpainted minis in the basement lets it all fly in under the radar.

j/k - we each have our hobbies, and carte blanche for a reasonable amount of spending. That way, she doesn't hassle me about my lead addiction, and I don't say anything about her scrapbooking.

Hubby used to comment about the number of bags I brought home or the packages I would get in the mail. Until he got his own hobbies. Then he got very, very quiet. ::D:

He does model trains and fishes. I do lots of little hobbies. But the funny thing is that his model trains and my habit of making miniatures work well together. We don't share tools tho - that would just be wrong, wrong, wrong!

We don't share tools tho - that would just be wrong, wrong, wrong!

I've tried to explain this to my wife when she snags all my pliers for beading.

She has her own, but likes mine better.

She has the uncanny knack of taking the exact tool I want for a specific task a minute before I need it.

We're also so grossly off topic. We should try to return to the topic at hand, else we'll be culled from the herd and moved into off-topic.

Man. Too bad I hadn't hit the site sooner. I'd lover to jump in on this one. Guess I'll have to try it next go round... unless there is some way to sneak in for a "no show" :B):

Hmmm.. I think I'm done. I just need to touch it up a bit and get my roomie to take some photos, then it's in the mail!

I'm reasonably pleased with it. Hopefully my guinea pig will too :)

Hob

Gee, that makes me feel bad. I've got the mini chosen, bought, trimmed and primed, but I haven't started on it yet.

OTOH, I am planning on trying some new techniques on it, and so I am reading up on them and practicing first. I plan on being done in a couple weeks though. . . .

I'm in pretty much the same place as you warlord. I'm bringing it with camping this weekend to see if inspiration strikes while out communing with nature. Or after a few stiff drinks. Either way.

As much as I like painting outside, the lack of direct light source sux. ::P: