spiritual_exorcist

Fall 2005 Reaper Mini Exchange

When I hear things like this I truly realize how lucky I am to have a true FLGS literally down the street that stocks the complete Reaper line (well except for Master paint, but I'm working on that).

So I call the LGS to find out what the heck happened to my order. Turns out he misplaced the order and ripped the top off it which identified the stock numbers as belonging to Reaper products. So now it's going to be at least another week. I knew I should've ordered online.

Hello all I have not heard from my partner in painting and was wondering what I should do-- I have just a few finishing touches to go on the mini and it will be ready to ship

Hey wulfgarn, I wouldn't wory about not having heard anything yet. The person painting for you is not the same as the person you are painting for and you will likely not hear from them until (possibly) they send your mini. Since the Exchange isn't "due" until November, I wouldn't start worrying yet at all.

Heather

Yep, no reason to worry ^_^

Indeed, it is quite unlikely you'll hear from your mini exchange partner until they are ready to send your mini to you. So don't worry about it.

On another note I should be home at the end of this week and I'll be able to invest more time in the monotoring the exchange.

Those of you involved in the 'Special Project' will get an e-mail from me next week detailing all the information.

I've just stripped it for the 2nd time... ::sigh::

When I get to the point that I've had to strip a mini ..:down:

it's time to go and do something else....:upside:

Twice... it's time for a different mini...:grr:

Once you've painted something else (primer to varnish)::D:

Try again

Good luck :poke: I hate days like that ::o:

stripped it for the 2nd time...

Ugh. That's nasty. Maybe battleMountainminis is right and it's time to step back, do something to cleanse your palette, and come back fresh.

I've got all the bits and pieces I need cleaned up and ready to assemble and base. Hopefully I'll get a little done this weekend. It should be a fun and spooky mini-diorama, appropo for a Fall exchange. I'll have to deal with some postpaintum anxiety when it comes time to send him off.

First time stripped it cause someone I trust said they didn't like th main colour I picked on that sort of figure.

The second time, I got a new paint, and thought some of the detailing/edging would be way better in the new colour than the old colour sheme I had.

The second time, I got a new paint, and thought some of the detailing/edging would be way better in the new colour

Dude, my hat's off to you. You're giving that much care and attention to an exchange mini. Not a mini for a commissioned paint job, or for eBay, or for your personal collection or to represent a treasured character on your table top. You're painting this up for an exchange, to send off to someone you most likely do not know and may never meet, and you're not likely to see this figure ever again.

Of course, I tried my very best and put much time and effort into the first exchange mini I painted up. I really liked her and I was excited to finally pass her onto my recipient. It's the only way to go, and the right thing to do.

Still, good on you for the extra effort!

Gee, I'm still trying to figure out what to paint, let alone what sort of sheme to use. I had an idea and ordered the appropriate mini, but it didn't get to me in Canada before I left so It is unlikely to get to Australia in time. SO I guess I have to visit the FLGS this week and pick something up.

Those of you involved in the 'special project' I'll send out information on Monday, I'm still jet lagged, and I have monday of while the wife goes to work so i can get everything out that day. Sorry i've been slacking I feel kinda bad about it. Those of you not involved it will all become apparent in due time ::D:

The second time, I got a new paint, and thought some of the detailing/edging would be way better in the new colour

Dude, my hat's off to you. You're giving that much care and attention to an exchange mini. Not a mini for a commissioned paint job, or for eBay, or for your personal collection or to represent a treasured character on your table top. You're painting this up for an exchange, to send off to someone you most likely do not know and may never meet, and you're not likely to see this figure ever again.

Of course, I tried my very best and put much time and effort into the first exchange mini I painted up. I really liked her and I was excited to finally pass her onto my recipient. It's the only way to go, and the right thing to do.

Still, good on you for the extra effort!

I always make a full effort when painting, regardless of who/what it's for. I feel if I find it dificult to give up the mini when it comes time to send it off (as I did with my first exchange mini. I still kinda want it back because I liked the way it turned out so much. I think I'll have to try to do another one. Battlemountainminis, did you ever get pictures of it done?), I did a good job.

Chick, I am impressed you've stripped it twice not because it was a bad paintjob but because you feel you can do better. :) I'm sure whoever gets your mini will be very happy with it.

Heather

Those of you involved in the 'special project' I'll send out information on Monday

Is there more than one special project going on, or is this the same as I'm involved in? I don't remember it being called a "special project" in the PM I got, so I'm confused.. :)