spiritual_exorcist

Fall 2005 Reaper Mini Exchange

Don't worry about it cyano, I've yet to receive mine too, but I'm not worried since I'm a patient guy and a quick painter. Just be patient and I'm sure you'll get it!

On a side note, for whoever has me, as you can see this is my second post so it's nigh impossible to discern what I'd like. I really don't care at all, I don't play any of the games associated with Reaper miniatures, so I won't know the difference between one miniature and the other (besides looks). I really just signed up for an excuse to buy and paint a Reaper miniature or two, but who knows, your miniature might inspire me to find yet another minatures game to spend my money on!

So, hope that helped, good luck to all!

~PRC

I'm pretty new too, so I thought I'd post some ideas to help my whoever gets me. I'll be happy with anything fantasy. My DM (whom I live with) would be tickled if somone painted a monster of some sort and that would be pretty nifty too. Alternately I'm thinking about starting a Crusader or Elven army.

Looking back on this, I probably didn't help at all. (c; I don't think I narrowed it down at all, but I'm pretty easy going, so I'll be stoked with whatever someone wants to paint.

Thanks in advance. I hope I get my victim... err... person.... soon. (c;

Me(c:

I'll be just fine with any figure I receive. For me, that's part of the fun and joy of the exchange. The surprise and the knowledge that someone else put their own time, care, effort and energy into something for me are very cool.

That said, I know I'm still wavering over a decision about which figure to paint for my recipient. If (insert nonspecific, gender-neutral pronoun) would post up a list of figure's they would love to have painted for them, it would make this so much easier, and I'd be happier knowing I was painting a figure they are already excited about.

In that spirit, and at the risk of sounding crass, I think the Female Anti Paladin by Werner Klocke and the Female Necromancer by Bob Ridolfi sure are purty! Since those aren't due out until October, I like the basilisk (#2841) and Laumarak, Lich (#2822) by VanSchaik, Dara, Psionic Warrior (#2881) and Trathus Varr (#2888) by Sandra Garrity.

Please, dear painter, keep in mind that this list is neither comprehensive nor exhaustive, but merely a helping hand if you're trying to decide on a mini to paint up. Please, please paint a figure you will enjoy working on or somethng you just want to paint and have no other reason to do up. It'll be very special regardless.

Alrighty, too sappy. That's enough of that.

I know when I pm'd s_e, I gave the idea of a specific figure I like, but I think I have changed my mind. I usually like female figs, cause that what I like painting, and I don't like eveil things, but I think I would be happy with something the other person enjoyed painting no matter what it was

Like, if I was asked to paint a monster of some kind, I doubt whether I could do a good job on it as I wouldn't enjoy that sort of figure. So to whoever gets to partner me, just paint what you would like to paint, its more fun for you and I will be happy and grateful with whatever I get. I'd rather get a figure someone painted with enjoyment, than just because they felt they had to paint a certain something.

Back online, at a friends house leeching the net and I'll try to get the remaining assignments out before the night is ended.

Sorry about the wait, i've been traveling (43 hour transit) back to Canada, and have had to spend the first few days recovering from the jet lag, and any free time with relatives and friends.

Half are done, and half remain for those of you wondering where your assignments are. Will rectify ASAP.

Back online,

Sorry about the wait, i've been traveling (43 hour transit) back to Canada, and have had to spend the first few days recovering from the jet lag, and any free time with relatives and friends.

Will rectify ASAP.

WELCOME BACK! ::D:

TAKE A NAP,KISS THE FAMILY, AND HUG YOUR FRIENDS,

PAT THE DOG (if applicable) HAVE A BEER!.....

AND...

GET TO WORK ::P: (just joking)

Nice to know you made it back in one piece!

Trips like that are brutal, just relax!

A day or two isn't going to kill anyone they just have to wait and exercise patience and keep flipping thru CW #18 and browse online for the perfect fig!

I have my assignment now (thx).

It's quite exciting, but I'm slightly daunted.

Research has found that the person I am painting for is very talented !

:mellow:

Well please don't get too intimidated or stress out over it. People involved in the mini exchange are here to have a good time, promote the hobby, and hopefully challenge themselves while having fun. There are many talented painters invloved, but that doesn't mean those of us less skilled can't enjoy the experience, or that the minis we paint are any less meaningfull or appreciated by their recipients.

Ok, all of the assignments should be out with the exception of a trio of late joiners that i've worked in and will get to in the next few days.

Please confirm the address of your recipient with me before you mail your mini.

I'm excited about this because I want to paint something fun for someone else. I did my research and came up with the classic "What I Think They Will Like" figure.

Am I intimidated by the painting level of my recipient? Heck no! As long as I'm happy with how it turns out then it's just perfect.

So buck up little campers! Find something you want to paint for your partner and have at!

Three late-joiners??? We're up to 60 folks on the exchange?? Yowza!

Yowza indeed. :B):

Personally I find it very helpful if my exchange partner states what kind of mini s/he likes and with Reapers vast range it should be no problem to find a mini you both can enjoy. ~_^

Part of the exchange fun is guessing what kind of model the person will like.

It doesn't have to be an exact match.

If you can't figure out what your recipient likes by their board posts, paint something you really like or are interested in painting. This is a great time to experiment with techniques and try a model you've been wanting to paint, but were struggling with finding a reason to do it. e.g. You're a GM, and there is this gorgeous mini you want, but you can't figure out how to bring it into your game because it's a CR 20 monster, and you've got a party of level 3's. Paint that guy up for the experience and send it along.

Have fun. Enjoy. Don't stress about the selection process too much.