Sign in to follow this  
airhead

MSP metals?

Well if you're looking for ideas, here are some colors from other lines, I can't quite get rid of:

Beasty brown

Vomit brown

Bronzed flesh

Parasite brown

Charred/scorched brown

Snakebite/cobra leather

Bleached bone

Cadmium Umber Red

Dwarf flesh

Walnut (yes the Pro one, I don't think it's the same as Brown Liner)

Black (sorry the new black is better than the old black, but they still don't beat my vallejo black)

Seems to be mostly browns, and skin tones that I never actually use for skin.

Oh and another vote for bronze, copper, and brass NMM trios ::D:

Beasty (i.e. Bestial) Brown: Probably

Vomit Brown (i.e. warmish tan): Definately

Bronzed flesh is so close to Vomit brown as to be a probable no

Parasite (i.e. Vermin) Brown would require another red browns triad; is there a market? But could possibly go into a bronze or copper NMM triad or the tentative upcoming Ruddy Skin Tones

Scorched Brown is Muddy Brown with a tad of black, and I'm not sure what triad I would put it in, but I like the color ::):

Snakebite Leather: Might have a place in a historicals triad; we'll have to see

Bleached Bone: As discussed above, you'll get it, just not in a triad. ::):

Cadmium Umber Red: Which line is this from? I'm not familiar with the hue...

Dwarf Flesh: Possibly in the aforementioned pinks triad, as a shadow

Walnut: Yep, Brown Liner is different, because the old Walnut formula doesn't work at all in the newer base; on the other hand, the overwhelming shout so far has been that people prefer the Brown Liner over the Walnut. Again, I'm not sure where I would fit it in the line, I'm all out of room for Liner colors, but might be able to fit it in somewhere...will think about it.

Black: For now, the black is the black. ::): I'm always tweaking, though.

--Anne

p.s. Expect lots of browns to fall into the Historicals triads, I can already think of a few matches just off the top of my head. ::):

The Vampire skin tones sound great. I'm with you though, I don't ever paint them the same way more than once. I've posted a number of Vampire minis here over the last couple of years and I don't think one of them has the same skin tone. Sometimes it's a greenish base, sometimes it's a blueish base, other times an Elf flesh base and even other times a purplish base! Locking one standard down will be a tough choice that I don't envy you.

Are any of the Reaper greys similar to the Sombre Grey produced by VGC which is their version of GW's Shadow Grey? Haven't got to my greys yet, but sombre grey is among "must have" colors IMO.

Are any of the Reaper greys similar to the Sombre Grey produced by VGC which is their version of GW's Shadow Grey? Haven't got to my greys yet, but sombre grey is among "must have" colors IMO.

Check out Twilight Blue: MSP 9020. I used to paint Space Wolves; go figure. ::D: There will be additional variations on blue-greys and grey-blues turning up in the historicals ranges.

--Anne

Hey Anne,

FYI...Cadmium Umber Red is from the VMC line...It looks great on Mengu's Crusaders and his Khador jacks

debby ^_^

Oh hell yeah! Mengu's Khador are the bomb!

Are any of the Reaper greys similar to the Sombre Grey produced by VGC which is their version of GW's Shadow Grey?  Haven't got to my greys yet, but sombre grey is among "must have" colors IMO.

Check out Twilight Blue: MSP 9020. I used to paint Space Wolves; go figure. ::D: There will be additional variations on blue-greys and grey-blues turning up in the historicals ranges.

--Anne

Will do, just looking at the bottle now, Yep, looks like it! A great color to highlight black with. Thanks.

A nice Grey/Green would be nice.

Something other than the mossy greens triad (Jungle Moss, Highland Moss, and Pale Lichen)? Are you asking for something that's more grey than green? Can you give me a color from another line that you're looking to match, or which would be a good starting point? :)

--Anne ::):

p.s. Thanks Debby...you wouldn't have the item number for that, would you? I looked for it in my Vallejo pamphlet yesterday and couldn't find it, but the company has been known to change the names on colors; I'm wondering if it's the same as my old Cadmium Maroon. :)

p.s. Thanks Debby...you wouldn't have the item number for that, would you? I looked for it in my Vallejo pamphlet yesterday and couldn't find it, but the company has been known to change the names on colors; I'm wondering if it's the same as my old Cadmium Maroon. :)

Not Deb but the number is 814. In the literature it is Burnt Cadmium Red but on their web site it is Cadmium Umber red

Yay, Oiled Leather. And more browns to come, sounds like. I can't seem to get the hang of the earth browns triad, and I just generally think brown is one colour you can never have enough of - earth, leather, gold NMM, fur, wood, the uses for brown just go on and on, so I like to have loads of options. I wouldn't mind seeing Shield Brown transfer over. I also like Volcano Brown, although I've just never really worked out what's best to highlight it with. I, too, see the difference between Brown Liner and Walnut, and while I very much like Brown Liner as a liner, I still prefer Walnut for all the other walnutty things I like to do.

I'm happy to hear about more khakis, also. Next to browns, greens are what I like to have the most options for.