Finding a home

NymMoondown

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This raises a question of my own- where a planet system is named in the fluff, is it assumed that there is just that one planet settled in system, or is the named planet the primary body  in a system containing other settled worlds and moons. If you can create a (for e.g.) Tor-Nor ice body at the edge of the system (mining world?) with a separate ecology and climate then your forces could be painted as you like. It also opens up some interesting moon assault secnario  possibilities...

As far as I am aware, most planetary references do not specify how many other planets there are in the system.  The entries take the form of "Name in the System (number) system."  Sometimes they say "Name, the Nth planet in the System (number) system".  Therefore, sometimes you know if there are other planets in the system, but you very rarely know if they're settled.

No matter what you do, I doubt anyone will knock down your army theme by listing off a bunch of obscure quotes from numerous books.  From what I can tell, the CAV universe is developed just enough to give you a general idea of how things are, yet still allow enough freedom to create your own fiction.  It's one of the advantages of playing a game in this current stage of development.

Ulyss, when Stuart and I were coming up with out units' shared homeworld, we just picked a system we wanted and then made the rest up. Cetus 4 (the planet we decided upon) has most climates as it's a 'M class' world. The Blood Bank is situated in a savannah like plains area on a peninsula, but the Dark Knights are situated in a lush green climate.

It's a 'build your own planet' situation. Definately a lot of fun, esp if you do what Stuart did and make a map of the place :o)

Secnarios are something I'm really big on right now, but nobody seems keen to post them. I've got two in the offing that are generic but fun, presented with some fluff to explain them. They're being played out next week to make sure they work (one features a "stealth mode" rule for recon which I want to get right) then I'll post them up.