New rhino

NymMoondown

so here's what happened. I got my new shiny rhino with all its glory. I'm pretty sure it was a hand sculpted one. any who, it had some of those big rifts caused by being such a ####ing huge chunk of metal. most of them were fine (I was going to use them as big battle scars) except there was one on the peg of the torso and one on the cockpit. the one on the peg snapped and I had a torso with no peg an legs with a peg they shouldn't have. Reaper sent me a new torso, and i drilled a new hole in the legs. the thing is, i think the new torso was one designed with CAD, so the guns look really small. Is there any way I can be sure that the guns and the torso are all from the same version of the Rhino?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nym,

Here's some easy ways to tell them apart.

For the arms, the new ones have holes where the three gunbarrels are. The old ones are flat where the gunbarrels should be.

For the torso, look at the middle of the back side.  If it has a rectangle shape with a small circle on the left side, it's an old torso.  If it has an octagon shape with a rectangle in the middle, it's a new one.

I think the new arms are available in one of the weapon packs if you want to compare arm sizes.

The new arms have much more detail on them... look at the muzzle end. If there are roundish groves cut out them it's the new arms. The old ones are completely smooth at the muzzle end.

The torso, the new one is just plain huge, about an inch square if you look down from the top.

Reaper hasn't announced anything official yet, but even if it is out, I don't think we'll just be able to rush out and buy them.  From what Matt and Ed have said, the CAD Rhino is just going to replace the hand-done one through regular distribution channels.  There won't be a different SKU or anything, so first the distributors have to run out of old Rhinos (or I suppose they could ship a combination of both, not knowing the difference).  

Then your store would have to order some Rhinos and hope that its lucky enough to have a distributor that has some on hand.  But they can't just order the *new* Rhino.  With the same SKU, it's gonna be a crap shoot as to which one you get.

In an e-mail I got from Gary on BL stuff, he mentioned that there was a problem with the moulds or something so they wouldn't be going out for another 2 weeks. And judging from the size, I ain't surprised about that.... it's a huge chunk of metal.

Yeah, it's a CAD Rhino. As is Stuart's Rhino and the one I'm painting at the moment to finish of the first section of Alpha Company.

And I must confess that it's amazing, the detail, the lines, the sheer imposing size and the aura of unadulterated power is quite cool, especially when on the tabletop next to other CAV's.