Kelcore

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly, your link is busted.

http://www.reapermini.com/?nav=Models⊂=Greens

Maybe the Chevy is based on a stock horse Sandy made?

I am really loving the Elven hero. Definitely will need to get him and do a few weapon swaps.

Hex is going to blow a gasket with those raptors ::D:

Weirdness. Thanks for the fix, Qwyk.

Maybe, but seem to recall Caz saying something about it being the 1st time he sculpted a horse. Again: I'm a lil confused. Maybe even a touch disappointed.

I'm pretty jazzed about the Raptors too. And despite the cheese-cakiness of her, the female necromancer is pretty derned cool!

I like the Chavalier. It's good solid Overlords.

The Raptors...If I didn't know better, I'd say they were a resculpt of the Ral Partha raptors I picked out of the IWM bits boxes at Origins. Same sculptor too, same anatomy, even same base with some broccoli added.

Yow. Then again, my opinion of the sculptor hasn't changed, and it's a cool model. May as well have it produced by Reaper.

nice overall batch I must say. fav scupltors mostly thou one is gettin better everytime I see his Reaper stuff ::D:

Just a size question, how big is the Phx?? that'll be a fun one to paint up for sure.

Randy M

btw not much of a horse person but lately the Warlord horse minis are really changin that for me. ::D:

Here is the skinny on the Chevalier, Jim took a horse sculpted by Sandra, and took an overlord warrior sculpted by Chaz, and converted as needed to make the Chevalier. The box will likely only have Johnson's name on it, but it's really a SG/CE/JJ sculpt. I actually saw Jim working on this at Origins.

There will likely be a similar trend with many more mounted Warlord figures where 2 or 3 sculptors may be involved, one usually being SG with her horsies.

This Chevalier was sculpted by Jim Johnson - yes, on a Sandra Garrity Horse.

We received 2 Chevaliers - one from Chaz and one from Jim. Chaz's Chevalier offering is extremely impressive, and was so . . . Elite . . . that we decided to use that sculpt for an upcoming Mounted Leader or Elite model that has been described in draft versions of the OVerlords of Craclaw Faction book.

Fear not, Meine Liebchen. Chaz's Chevalier will one day lead your forces to battle across Taltos . . .

The phoenix looks cool - and have the same appearance and pose of the one in the D&D monster manual, i love it when they use the d&d stuff as a reference, it gives us far better looking figures than the actual d&d minis - plus we know what we are getting in the pack...

:ph34r: Female Necromancer :ph34r:

I might paint two of these, because I like it so much. :upside:

Sometimes I look at these greens and forget about them, then when they're finally released and I see them on the shelf I'm like, "Hell yeah! I forgot about this guy! I love this one!" ::D:

I can definately see myself with this reaction when she's released.

I really like the looks of everything out there, but because Warlord has consumed my soul so fully, I can't help but want to see more Warlord minis.

I'm curious as to how big that pheonix actually is.

This Chevalier was sculpted by Jim Johnson - yes, on a Sandra Garrity Horse.

We received 2 Chevaliers - one from Chaz and one from Jim. Chaz's Chevalier offering is extremely impressive, and was so . . . Elite . . . that we decided to use that sculpt for an upcoming Mounted Leader or Elite model that has been described in draft versions of the OVerlords of Craclaw Faction book.

Fear not, Meine Liebchen. Chaz's Chevalier will one day lead your forces to battle across Taltos . . .

*knowing nod*

Cool! Now I know. And will start guessing at stuff. :poke:

Just not here. ::D: