Sign in to follow this  
Kelcore

New Greens. 07/26/05

I saw the female necromancer in metal at the Asylum a couple weeks ago. I see a cool proxy for Malek.

ReaperBryan, what's the proper term for the white minis by the front door? They're the ones that go in the catalogs, right?

While the phoenix is lovely, I'd have been happier to see the wings to have more of a flame look to them. Guess I'm going to have to get to practicing with the greenstuff to sculpt them on, huh? :huh:

The female necromancer rocks. Cheesecake, but greenstuff can fix that. :rolleyes:

The raptors are nice as well. I'll be hoping for these for Christmas as well as a T-Rex. ^_^

I refer to all primed white, non-painted, intended for display and photography metal versions as "whites" - a contrast to the "greens", "silvers", and "resins" we get in.

Those you see in the Asylum are just our not-yet-released, teasing you with goodness "whites".

Hex is going to blow a gasket with those raptors ::D:

I literally gasped.

Holy freakin' crap.

They do look the old Ral Parthas as Frosch said, but these look beefier.

I am *SOOOOOOO* putting cowboys on those raptors.

Heck yeah.

I glad harping about dinosaurs seems to be working.

How 'bout a Utahraptor now? Or an Anklyosaurus?

This Chevalier was sculpted by Jim Johnson - yes, on a Sandra Garrity Horse.

We received 2 Chevaliers - one from Chaz and one from Jim. Chaz's Chevalier offering is extremely impressive, and was so . . . Elite . . . that we decided to use that sculpt for an upcoming Mounted Leader or Elite model that has been described in draft versions of the OVerlords of Craclaw Faction book.

Fear not, Meine Liebchen. Chaz's Chevalier will one day lead your forces to battle across Taltos . . .

I'm all giddy with anticipation. ::D:

I love them! Bob's Necromancer is amazing and I can't wait to paint her up! The Phoenix looks like fun too-I'm thinking lots of lighting effects for that one. Uh that is once I pester Lili to teach me lighting effects :lol: The mounted Chevalier is awesome as well. I like that several sculptors are collaborating on the mounted figures-the sculptors get to play to their strengths and we get great figures ::D: Very nice job on the raptors-they have great mount potential! I can't tell from the photo tho-do they have teeth?

The phoenix is about 48 to the top of his lil' fiery head.

RR

thx for the info, Ron!!!

Randy M

I love the female necromancer, bob is really getting to be an awesome sculpter. It has the same style and gracefulness his wife does. I am happy to see a pheonix since the last one I know about was made in early 80s by citadel's tsr d&d line and it was tiny. I have a question about the overlord. Is he going to be seperateable from the horse or like the dwarven bear rider attached. I hope seperatable, I have been waiting for mounted overlords and crusaders to put on griffons, pegasi, and other baddies, so dont pull a fast one on me and make it part of the horse!!!