Sign in to follow this  
Yukimura

What Do You Do?

I'm a Web Developer for an Insurance brokerage (Health and Life). I've only been here for two months, but enjoy it. I spend most of my day reading Reaper's foru... I mean designing web applications to help our employees track sales, business contacts, etc. :lol: Before I started here, I was a web guy for Omaha Steaks. The pay wasn't great for the industry, but the cheap steaks were awesome! Plus I could buy them at discount and trade them to industry reps I met at GenCon for product! :poke:

My dream jobs would either be:

1) Designing/Producing video games (RPGs and Tacticals mostly)

2) Owning the world's most successful FLGS so that I could hire someone else to run it and just play games all day :poke:

3) Coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Spartan 18 years in the guard!!! Good job I was only on 7 1/2 years (I asked to be discharged early when I became a cop). I hope you are still in cause 2 more years and you get retirement right???? Any way thank you for your service!! :poke:

Spartan 18 years in the guard!!! Good job I was only on 7 1/2 years (I asked to be discharged early when I became a cop). I hope you are still in cause 2 more years and you get retirement right???? Any way thank you for your service!! :poke:

Well thank you, I honestly appreciate that. ::): When you retire from the National Guard you can't start collectng retirement until you hit 60. Unlike with AD where you can do 20 and start drawing immediately.

I decided last Fall that I was done. My wife and children had become so much more important to me after my last deployment that my heart just wasn't in it anymore.

I haave been a mechanic and truck driver, currently work in customer service and sales for a major cell phone company at a vendor site. I am fairly well disgusted with this job as it has shifted more from customer service to sales of new services.

Dream job? I don't know anymore maybe light delivery job locally. Or as was already stated win the lottery and never have to worry about working again. would make it easier to get back into painting and gaming.

Spartan, I have to say that it sounds like you made the right choice. If I had stayed in I would be in Iraq right now and I know that would kill my 9 year old. (plus we just started his Nefsokar army and even have fought two 300 pt. battles) :B):

Alot of the guys I was in the guard with are still in and over there and I pray for em every day, God willing they will all come back!!

I work at a collection agency.

Yes, I'm evil.

I'm also trying to raise a geeky little daughter by making her watch The Tick and Teen Titans.

I wish I were a novelist or game designer like 90% of the people here.

Winning the Powerball would be pretty cool too.

My official title is MIS Technician. I work for a large mail-order pharmacy. Most of the time, it's a pretty laid back place, but it turns to a pressure cooker when something really goes wrong. Luckily that doesn't happen very often.

Just imagine how much fun management is to deal with when there are 250 Pharmacists standing around, all making $50/hr, waiting on me to get the network back up.

It's definitely better than my last job working for an IT oursourcing firm. Yuck!

I have two dream jobs. One is to be a writer for National Geographic. The other is to be a professor of military history.

I am currently in my 13th year in the Navy. I am curently the Communications Leading Petty Officer onboard the USS Norfolk, stationed in the traffic rich environment that is Hampton Roads. I've been in the submarine force since graduating high school (except for the 2 year hiatus that allowd me to experience the telcom bust and unemployment). Not really sure what my dream job is. Something involving writting comes to mind, but I havn't had the long term dedication to finish any of the projects I already have started.

At least I have a minimum of 7 more years to figure it out. :poke:

I'm a wage slave at Wal-mart...

Resently I just switched deptments. I now get to watch the fish swim all day and pull 50 lbs. of dog food around. I get paid less then I did working in the deli but its worth it (I don't have to put up with a bunch of whiny, worthless, brats that don't want to work <_< ). I'm still trying to figure out why I need to learn how to mix paints, run a cash regestier, or help the bike assembliers when I work at in the pet deptment <_<

Worst job ever was in a meat packing plant... one month was enough for me :grr:

I'd rather be a surfer... well at least be the guy who sits down all day polishing his surf board while being surrounded by bikini babe awaiting the perfect wave :devil: Ok, so I can't surf. Maybe, I'll just be a writer again... speaking of which I should really get off mah duff and get back to writing <_<

I am a security guard. The kind that sits at a desk and watches monitors. I cannot tell you how boring this job is. I get a lot of reading and cross-stitching done while I'm here.

I would really love to get into CGI. It would be awfully nice to work from home.

Past jobs: I worked in COllections, quit that to finish my college degree, graduated and worked in...collections and finance until my job was outsourced to India...

Present: I work in Tech care for T-mobile. Seems I can't get away from the call center environment, and I VERY desperately want to. They pay well and its a very good company to work with. And besides, when there's no money involved, the customers are FAR nicer...

Dream job: Working in a museum, teaching in college, or writing historical fiction. As my degree is in History, and I have yet to get a job in my area (indeed I've been chronically underemployed for some time...), I'd like to think I can do something with it someday...

Damon.

I am currently a consultant working in the largest IT department in the US Insurance industry. I do large-problem resolution; if more than one email server has a problem that the internal guys can't fix they send it to my team. That means that we don't have a lot to do all of the time but it is fun.

My dream jobs are as follows:

1. Doing what I do as an actual employee of the company I work at. Great hours, job security and a good environment to be an analyst in.

2. Making reproductions of historical period objects for renn faires and SCA and being successful at it.

3. Making terrain for large gaming conventions.

*high-fives Saint of Sinners*

WAGE-SLAVES UNITE!

I am a crew-trainer for Taco Bell. Actually crew-trainer is mostly in title alone. I go in every morming and do food-preperation (not that there's much to prepare really, since it's almost all precooked and only requires reheating and moving to the production bins). I then spend most of the rest of my nine-hour days doing hot-product assembly for drive-thru customers. It's not exactly a prestige job, but I will toot my own trumpet anyway because I have been told by many of my superiors that I'm the fastest they've ever seen.

I've been there more than ten years now, but I've worked some strange jobs in the past. I worked for commission for two years for a man who sewed period American Civil War dresses and military uniforms, I worked as an extra in a few really lousy movies, I worked nights for a janitorial service (lousy hours, lousy pay, but no rude customers to deal with), and my absolute oddest job... taking apart fire-hydrants and salvaging them for parts for a friend of mine who owned a pipe and supply cumpany.

Dream job....... at this point I will take anything that will pay my bills and give me time with my family, though I'd LOVE to someday have the means to operate a coffeehouse.

I'm a co-op software developer. It means I'm paid little but at least I get some experience before I graduate.

My dream job is to be independently wealthy.